Engie Update Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
That's probably what it is, and probably all there is worth knowing about it. Pity they put yet another payload map in a desert environment, but considering they're going up a Thunder Mountain Railroad-esque mine track I guess it's justified.

Why are you complaining about Valve-made Payload? Those are the best maps.

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008

I myself will be complaining because there are other game modes which haven't gotten any love for a while, such as KOTH, TC, Arena, & 5CP (Not including Freight in this). Sure, Valve may make the best PL maps, but what about the other game modes?

McNuggetFiend

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
All TF2 players want to do is play Payload, its an okay mode but I don't get why so many people don't get tired of Badwater and Goldrush.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
No, you're all getting it wrong. DARIO CASALI makes the best pl maps. He's the only one who's MADE pl maps for Valve (Granted their work is a team effort, but he's the main guy behind it). This pl_upward map is not Dario's. Thus it is probably not awesome.

Though it is a map full of height variations, it would appear. Which, since I'm a Soldier, is gonna be AWESOME.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I think valve's improved a fair bit since the demo unlocks.

I know, right? Setting aside the Golden Wrench, this is shaping up to be the most vanilla set of unlocks since the Pyro. And they could easily have made it one of the least; both of the Engie's guns are more or less expendable and could have been replaced with radically different tools, and they didn't replace any of his buildings (although the Wrangler does sort of mod the sentry).

I think Valve realized that this is their last chance to make a useful improvement to gameplay and that they had better not let their interest in being silly stand in the way of that.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008

Can't stand valve made payloads <_<

And im really not clear why everyone is so pleased with the update so far...
Theres a situational force of nature that either requires you to be near your gun or incredibly lucky to get any use out of it.
Then we have something that removes a weapon and requires the engie to sit beside their sentry and aim it...how much more turtling can you get?

Yeah i don't know, for me anyways this is shaping up like the scout update, a full set of items ill never use. All I can say is, I really hope they added the pdq.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Theres a situational force of nature...

You don't seem to understand why people hate the FaG. It's because of knockback.

The FJ is nothing like the fan. I don't see why you wouldn't use it. Free and predictable crits are always beneficial. Though personally I hope there's a visual indicator for attackers that indicates that the next shot will crit.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
You don't seem to understand why people hate the FaG. It's because of knockback.

The FJ is nothing like the fan. I don't see why you wouldn't use it. Free and predictable crits are always beneficial. Though personally I hope there's a visual indicator for attackers that indicates that the next shot will crit.

Yes, when the FaN popped out, that was the problem with it, but the knockback has been so severely gimped its barely noticeable now, or at least I haven't been hit by a competent fan scout in a long ass time <_<

A clip of 3 shots is never beneficial, and that in the end is what will ruin it. I just really don't like the concept that I either need a camping sentry or a dead sentry to use the primary weapon.

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
The Guitar in the achievements can't be a Wrench replacement can it? You can't feasibly upgrade a Sentry with a guitar... But then again if it's for a taunt you wouldn't be able to hide it either - It doesn't make sense.

The only thing I can think of is that having it speeds up building times (perhaps an area effect) to accommodate the offensive engineer and speed up other engineers?

It'll be interesting to see what it does if it is indeed a weapon that doesn't allow upgrading.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
The Guitar in the achievements can't be a Wrench replacement can it? You can't feasibly upgrade a Sentry with a guitar... But then again if it's for a taunt you wouldn't be able to hide it either - It doesn't make sense.

The only thing I can think of is that having it speeds up building times (perhaps an area effect) to accommodate the offensive engineer and speed up other engineers?

It'll be interesting to see what it does if it is indeed a weapon that doesn't allow upgrading.
maybe it replaces the shotgun?

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Though personally I hope there's a visual indicator for attackers that indicates that the next shot will crit.

For me, if an Engineer comes running at me with his Frontier Justice out, I'm just going to assume it's got a crit or two ready.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
^ would suck hard.

I imagine, like Jarate/Razorback, the Guitar will be a second secondary that buffs nearby buildings while being played.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
That would be interesting, it's like a taunt where he plays his song (maybe after some sentry kills?) and then they could get auto-repair or something like that? It'd be interesting to see how many weapons the engy will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.