Electron

KotH Electron a11

IceFlower

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2024
IceFlower submitted a new resource:

Electron - Simulating unpredictable physics with unpredictable mercenaries

This map started out with the name "VerticalityTest" (yes exactly that lol) as a quick block out of a layout I had in mind. Only after booting it up in game and having my friend tell me that it was actually fun did I consider the potential of making this into a playable map. That being said, I have no clue how this map will play. Am curious to see how it goes.

Huge huge huge thank you to Missing_data for motivating me to get the map into an alpha and for giving lots and lots of...

Read more about this resource...

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
1723102207640.png

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024
egaowmerinhugewgbgnaiwbeugiabuewi. LMAO. Thank you YES :)
This is a surprisingly good representation of the idea/theme that I had in mind for the map lol. Omg thanks for this!

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024
IceFlower updated Electron with a new update entry:

Wood and Air Update

- Added boards on the broken windows to make it more obvious that you can, in fact, not go through them.

- Changed the wooden ramps on either side into wooden planks (to remove the gap that previously had to be jumped and that one could fall through).

- Added signs to mark the non-broken but open window that can be jumped through.

- Changed a few textures next to jump pads to hazard tape to keep consistency.

- Changed values of health and ammo pickups. (2 Medium ammopacks in cave flank...

Read the rest of this update entry...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Compromise and Experiment Update

I didn't want to make some of these changes, but I kept hearing them often, so I thought it'd be worth trying them out. However, now that I've actually implemted them, I kinda vibe with them. I do like this.
These changes are listed in a very unorderly way lol. These were written as I made the changes, so idk, feel free to psycho-analyse my process, if that's even possible lol.

- Increased ammo pickups in the teams' bases from medium to full (to help engie set up on the map maybe?).

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Tweaks and Thwacks Update (a4)

- Added a way to disable and re-enable the capturing of the point. Use the commands: "ent_fire DisableCap trigger" and "ent_fire EnableCap trigger" respectively to do that. This however doesn't reset the control point's ownership, so if RED owns the point when the relay is fired, then they'll stay as the owner and their timer will still keep ticking down while BLU will be unable to cap. That's something I'd like to change, but as it's not a priority right now I let it be.

- Extended the...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

3 Towers Update

3 Towers Update

- Added light to the back of the windbox to signal that there is a health pack there.

- Added a light onto the full health pack on mid.

- Added power cable somewhere on the map. (Oooh.. spooky)

- Replaced the white patches underneath health packs to an off-blue one instead to stand out better from the white dev texture ground.

- Added another exit from the lower dropdown exit.

- Added a MASSIVE cylinder in the middle of the not-so-glassy-anymore catwalk with two...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Cover Cover Cover Cover Cover Cover Update (a6)

- Removed shutter doors to the bridge and made the exit slightly larger.

- Added a medium health pack directly below point with a light shining on it.

- Added more solid cover to the point.

- Changed nearly all of the glass on the map to the green version.

- Extended the orange bridge cutting the exits that previously had shutter doors.

- Extended the orange platforms on the side of the windbox.

- Each side has been pushed 128 units further back from mid. So there is now 256...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Detail and feedback-tail Update (a7)

- Fixed up the soundscapes a tad. (I noticed the nucleus soundscape i use for the base interiors was playing when standing on any of the platforms between the windbox and the point.

- Changed the brick texture on the windbox to match the one used elsewhere on the map, like the point.

- Changed the chicken wire texture on red side to a metal fence texture. (Felt like it'd fit in better.)

- Changed the chicken wire on top of the catwalk besides the point to a glass texture.

- Changed the...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Jump Jump and Help Me Up-date

Included some more screenshots this time!
Ignore the text in top left.

- added tire

- Added a roof and windows to the windox. (Properly clipped too.)

- Cleaned up some random brushwork around the map. (I do this with most updates, but felt like mentioning it here specifically).

- Fixed some visible nodraw on the red catwalk.

- Added a couple areaportals here and there to prepare for detailing. (And just for the sake of simple optimization too of course.)

- Extended the...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Fog Woman Update (a9)

There weren't actually that many changes this time around (imo). But I felt like the changes were large enough for another version. I also had way too much fun looking around the map and taking screenshots of it now that I added the fog and shadow entities from hydro to the map.

- Moved a light prop that was a stuck in a wall out of the wall. (nobody told meee!! Gahh.)

- Fixed one of the jump pads firing the wrong particles. Woops, lol. Tbf, I was really tired out when figuring those...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Unsightly Update (a10)

- Added a new hint brush to make it so jumpers, if they jump high enough, won't see the insides of the caves pop in and out.

- The jet particles for the jump pads are now angled to indicate what direction the jump pad will launch you. A great suggestion by Meff! I added this to just the jump pads that are outside and can be accessed from any direction.

- Removed the fences in the cavern areas outside of spawn. These were originally added to avoid spawncamping, but I was suggested by Goom...

IceFlower

Aug 7, 2024

Elevated Observance Update (a11)

- Reworded the text again using the words people used during the playtest used. ("spiritually koth_hightower" is so true(!) so i just had to change it to that, way more accurate and hopefully gets the message across better.)

- Added a bit more cover again to the point.

- Added a little detailing to BLU side. Includes a new monitor that tells which team is currently in possession of the point.

- STAIR

- Made the building around the exits to the main bridge thinner, so the doorway is...