disrupt

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
I put it the way I did for a reason, honestly, I don't really give a damn about comp play, so if you are balancing for both, take my feedback with that in mind :p

Boonsaw

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2008
No one seemed to spawn in the 2nd resupply room. The spawns are exactly the same as the ones in the other room

From a pug experience, if a team was aware that a scout was taking it to the upper path he was generally killed before he could get close enough. People seem to not defend enough. I'll see what i can change

Well in a comp match, the team is generally together (although scouts/demo might flank, ofc) while here, you have to divide the team into 2 if you want to defend. I'm not sure 3+3 v 3+3 would be fun gameplay, but hey, I could be wrong.

(This is the main problem with comp CTF, imo. In push maps your team will patrol the "line" it holds (if you're holding) and generally keep pretty close to each other. If you have to defend and attack at the same time, the team is bound to be separated. Separation is in my experience not good for teamwork. Invade mode might be able to fix this, as there's only one objective at a time.)

Last edited:

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Really enjoyed playing this yesterday. My only complaint is that the main area and the cap points seem like they're a tiny bit big, but I guess propping will cut down the internal space a little anyway.

Anyhow, good job, I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
finally got the basic shape of my buildine done, now to make it not look like dum pie >:I

ctf_sandvichcredit_a50035.jpg

ctf_sandvichcredit_a50038.jpg

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
Supertoaster is having someone else detail it for him. He didn't want to so he got... I think he said TMP to do it.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
He's been bugging me to. If it really is out of the contest, I'll do it.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
Wait but that would mean its a collaboration IE this map would be disqualified. :S

Exactly, but he doesn't care.

I'd say it's fine. Some people have a knack for detailing, others for layout, etc. If he doesn't like detailing because he doesn't feel like he's good at it, that should be just fine. Still sucks that it's out of the contest though.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I liked it alot, too.

You are your own worst critic.

And now it'll be worse now that TMP has it... he wants to make the RED base out of wood for gods sake!

Keep going, Supertoaster! We believe in you! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!