displacement question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SiniStarR, Jun 14, 2009.

1. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    is it ok to make 2-4 displacements off the same brush, or is that a big no no.

2. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    It's ok to do it, especially for displaced corners in a map.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Generally it doesn't matter what size/ratio your displacement is aslong as it has 4 sides. I would also not recommend making them huge either, as a matter of principle and ease of use.

4. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    I've done this before, but later I noticed that if every brush has only one, it's easier if you have to edit them later

5. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    Its not a big deal if you make them from 1 brush also. even if you have destroyed a displacement you can easily make that same face a displacement again. There is a [DD] button (displacement drawing). when you click on it all the faces that get removed when making a displacement still show up and you can make a displacement of them again.

I personaly make as much faces of a brush a displacement without overdoing it. It often keeps my map structure easier as i allways vertex edit my brushes to have them perfectly aligned. This means that i dont get any weird faces when i press the [DD] button anyway.

Its just what you prefer to use.