1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Detect waiting for players state

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by henke37, Mar 9, 2018.

1. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    So I want to detect when the game is waiting for players and haven't properly begun the round yet. How can I do this?

I managed to swipe the entity name "zz_teamplay_waiting_timer" from the console, but my attempts at taking advantage of it did not pan out.

2. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Since gamemode entities don't do anything in the waiting for players period, you could take advantage of those to set up a relay upon round start, and then kill that relay if the gamemode entities are responding. What gamemode are you mapping for?

3. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    if you give that entity a targetname via addoutput and then type ent_fire <name> it should reveal all inputs this entity accepts.

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    I am pretty sure that it's just a team_round_timer, the I/O I overhear makes that much clear.

5. ficool2

ficool2 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I need an answer for this too, if someone uses a game_ui during the waiting for players state it crashes the server, so I need a way to kill those entities in the waiting for players state