Custom texture missing texture.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Little Pixel, May 29, 2016.

1. Little Pixel

Little Pixel L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So I made a custom texture on Hammer that I was going to use for my map.

Now this texture works for me, like I can see it just fine, but no one else can do so, I have no idea what the problem for this could be since this is the first time I've added a custom texture.

2. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    You have to pack custom content into your map because no one else has the content in their game files. You can do this by using a program like VIDE. Here's a tutorial

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Little Pixel

Positive Ratings:
    It worked! Thank you very much for that, now I at least will be able to add more customization to my maps. :D

4. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    By the way, if you want to test to see if everything packed correctly, load your map up in game, go to the console and type in sv_pure 2. This will force TF2 to only load materials/models/sounds/particles/etc from either the game's stock files or what's packed in the BSP. Anything not packed will show up as missing materials/models/particles/etc.

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. Little Pixel

Positive Ratings:
    I did not know you could do that. Thank you very much on informing me of that!