CTF Invade and other modes

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
Superb stuff VFIG 8) Can't wait to make one - they have really caught my attention just through playing a few of the contest ones!

about 20 ninjas

L1: Registered
Feb 1, 2010
I don't know if I'm brain damaged, or just missed something (probably did), but how might I get the Invade scoring to be based on time, and not playing to a certain score?

Right now, you play until 1 team gets to 3 points, but I would much rather, say, a 10 minute play time and whoever finished with the highest score wins.

I believe this is part of the contest criteria, but I don't know much about all those fancy logic and counter do-dads:blushing:

can this be done easily enough?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The scoring criteria is done server-side. You don't have to do anything within the map.

PHISH

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2012
sorry to resurrect an old thread- but can someone tell me if announcer sounds are still missing in invade ctf mode? Or is it functioning nicely "out of the box" now?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
IIRC Valve actually broke Invade even more ~last year; and what are these rumours that the announcer works for invade? Valve never supported Invade mode. Where did you hear this?