cp_watershed (name pending)

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm working on it now.

@Godslayer57 - When watching the demo from the game-day I did notice that there were a lot of spies in the game, but what surprised me was that there were large amounts of pyros as well.

The map didn't play liked I suspected, with less of an focus on defensive engineering and more of a focus on offensive engineering, with only mini-sentries being used (not sure if that was because of the map or the players). I'm unsure how I'll make the second point easier for the defenders to cap (maybe a one way door to the battlements above the point) as well as how to make the map less spy friendly and majority the second point more pyro friendly. Anyway once again thanks to everyone who played the map on game-day and those who gave feedback, I'd love any of your ideas on how to try and fix some of the problems.

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
Updated to a5 (now with 60% less confusion)
-Changed to slightly more proper lighting
-Fixed the dreaded signs of hopelessness, I think this time it's good
-Added path with one way door from defenders sewer to above point b
-Removed clipping and added light post so players can get on roof of centre point
-Added two doors at the top of centre point which drop down over the CP
-Removed the sliding door in the path around the left
-Other minor changes

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The map is well scaled but many of the "under water" routes were ignored or over looked. They were round about routes that were often made less attractive by the water's affect of slowing walk speeds, lengthening travel time, not to mention the water drip effect which also discourages spies (who would normally utilise such routes).

My main problems were with the player orientation confusion when immediately leaving spawn. But this can be reduced significantly just by having detail landmarks, in addition to existing signs (i believe the blu base had a CP2 sign but red didn't).

The other issue was with the advantage attackers have over CP4. Not only do they have access to all the high ground but they can out flank defenders before they even start attacking the CP. Most CP2 defences were as a result of player number superiority or me (i believe i had a KD ratio of 5-1).

If you want to make the water more inviting you need to provide more cover under water. There were several times i fell/escaped into the water only to be killed by chasers because there was no solid cover.

EDIT: Oh, and i never even saw my own CP1. It was strange, i was killing loads of people outside a spawn door i'd never seen in my own base so it needs to be more obvious is there is an alternative spawn exit that leads to CP1. I was never able to defend it because i never knew where it was, let alone how to access it.

Demo should be up.

Last edited: