cp_urban_legend

CP cp_urban_legend a3a

WombatSauce

L3: Member
Dec 22, 2015
i was thinking- i could make this a koth or a 3 cp (cutting out 2nd). What do u guys think?

Aeix

Feb 14, 2016
Remember that night time maps aren't just black (or absence of lights) punctuated with white lights. Most night time environments are sort of dark blue, which is why the night skyboxes are almost never black, and the light_enviroment are normally a shade of dark blue. Having it just black would sorta suck the colours out of your map, which is not desirable.

WombatSauce

Dec 22, 2015
Remember that night time maps aren't just black (or absence of lights) punctuated with white lights. Most night time environments are sort of dark blue, which is why the night skyboxes are almost never black, and the light_enviroment are normally a shade of dark blue. Having it just black would sorta suck the colours out of your map, which is not desirable.

Mine's a light purple. Is that too dark?

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Your environment lighting can stay dark, but you should aim to light the environment with non-environment lighting. For an alpha from a new mapper, I would honestly suggest sticking to daytime lighting until your layout is more defined and less likely to change.

For tips on lighting dark environments, check out this guide which gives a lot of information about lighting your maps. Scroll down until you see PLR Pipeline and it will give you advice on lighting dark/night maps.

Inventorkid

L1: Registered
Oct 12, 2014
also, outside of size, any obvious gameplay issues?

I personally don't like how there's an area above the middle point where you can shoot down onto the point until someone else goes up there. I'd remove it but there are a couple official maps out there like that so it's your call. Remember you can change anything at any time.

WombatSauce

Dec 22, 2015
I personally don't like how there's an area above the middle point where you can shoot down onto the point until someone else goes up there. I'd remove it but there are a couple official maps out there like that so it's your call. Remember you can change anything at any time.
I'll probably leave it, and if it's awful during play testing, ill get rid of it, but i felt like it will make mid more fun

WombatSauce

Dec 22, 2015
Your environment lighting can stay dark, but you should aim to light the environment with non-environment lighting. For an alpha from a new mapper, I would honestly suggest sticking to daytime lighting until your layout is more defined and less likely to change.

For tips on lighting dark environments, check out this guide which gives a lot of information about lighting your maps. Scroll down until you see PLR Pipeline and it will give you advice on lighting dark/night maps.
Yeah I've brightened it up with lights (not environmental lights), so i think its cool to leave it. if u boot up a2, youll see the lightings pretty good. if u disagree, tell me so i can change it.

WombatSauce

Dec 22, 2015
Patch Notes:
  • Shrunk down mid, changing this map (in my opinion) from unplayable big to just big (18 second walk time for solider spawn to mid point.)
  • Added a hut at each second with a one way door
  • Fixed a clipping bug with the mid buildings
  • Added arrows pointing to mid tunnel
  • Brightened up the underpass at 2nd (under grate)
Note: No images, because my steam's being retarded. Also, how do Iink my maps under my name when I comment?

Read the rest of this update entry...