fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Due to the exceptionally high number of server-crashing bugs we had last time, all authors will now receive a 1-week grace period, as per the rules. You can make changes and resubmit your map, only for gameplay/server-breaking problems. Adjustments of props, timers, etc. is not allowed. After this grace period has ended, voting will begin.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That would be gameplay breaking problems, there to clarify ID. not gameplay changes or server breaking changes..

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
Do we need to upload it as a different filename if we make changes? And where do we have to post?

EDIT: I'm posting because i just realized my map lacks health and ammo packs. Am I allowed to add them?

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Do we need to upload it as a different filename if we make changes? And where do we have to post?

EDIT: I'm posting because i just realized my map lacks health and ammo packs. Am I allowed to add them?

No, the addition of health and ammo packs is not something we will allow in the grace period. it is for fatal issues.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
:facepalm: this is why you don't leave things till the very last minute

honestly, some of you don't deserve a second chance.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009

I know...
but FYI I wasn't on the last minute. I submited 1 minute past the deadline xD
I guess the lock got laggy and allowed me in :p

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008

some people have other responsibilities and deadlines to worry about.
for me at least, hammer's messing up last weekend REALLY screwed things up for me in terms of time alotment.
but all that aside. we're supposed to be a friendly community, no? if people have made honest mistakes in the excitement of submitting, they should be allowed a lil lee-way as long as they aren't asking for too much.
besides we all know that both hammer and source (and pakrat too for that matter) can be quite tempamental at times, meaning textures/content can occasionally get corrupted, hammer can crash and lose unsaved work, etc.

i think things like pakratting missing content (like if you forgot to add the textures for a custom model), or content that pakrat corrupted the 1st time around, should be ok, as long as that content already exists. (e.g. no adding a introduction image if you didn't have one already)

regarding adding ammo/health, well if the stuff was there in a previously released version and you just didn't remember to enable your visgroup for it then i think that should be ok, but adding ammo/health that didn't exist before is probably asking too much, since it's new content for the map. - the line does have to be drawn somewhere or people could just keep ninja'ing in updates, much to the chagrin of whoever has to upload, judge or organise playtests.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008

This competition happened over an entire semester for me so focusing on my assignments was an obvious priority leading me to rush my map out at the last minute and I'm sure this was the case for a lot of other people. This is unlike last time where the competition started at just the tip of the summer break where everybody had free time to sort everything out in time for the deadline. So I believe that if your map has no healthkits or ammopacks due to accidentally leaving a visgroup hidden is fair game. Allow them to fix that otherwise they've just spent 5 months to fail at the last hurdle due to a simple and honest mistake that any one of us could of made.

Let's be reasonable about this.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.