Carving a func_detali makes it to disappear!

kytyzov112

L1: Registered
May 9, 2019
Hello everyone!
Today, working on a test KOTH gamemode map, I thought I need a doorway. So, it didn't take me much time to make a simple brush, translate it to spot where I need and carve. But after carving, brush disappeared completely! I did the same before on this map and it didn't disappear. Please help!

Here's before:

tf_issue.jpg

And here's after:

tf_issue_2.jpg

A help will be very appreciated!
btw i'm new to the platform, so idk what tags to use(and sorry for my "bed england")

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017

kytyzov112

May 9, 2019
K, seems legit. But how do I delete brush that I need to delete? Mb cuz' it's func_detail?
wNqyf91

hole.jpg

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
K, seems legit. But how do I delete brush that I need to delete? Mb cuz' it's func_detail?
wNqyf91

hole.jpg
Use the 'Solids' mode on the right hand menu
upload_2019-5-9_18-35-52.png

don't forget to switch it back afterwards though

TSJ1020

May 31, 2018
Func_detail brushes are very buggy. I wouldn't suggest adding them until you're ready to finalize the map. Just keep that in mind. Also, don't make a skybox brush a func_detail. It destroys the light_env.

AsG_Alligator

qhull precision error
aa
Aug 5, 2016
Func_detail brushes are very buggy. I wouldn't suggest adding them until you're ready to finalize the map. Just keep that in mind. Also, don't make a skybox brush a func_detail. It destroys the light_env.
I do not know where you get that stuff. func_detail works perfectly fine. You just need to be smart about using it - use it for details, not walls or sealing brushwork.

Also for editing func_details you can either do what DrSquishy mentioned or alternatively you can use "ignore groups mode" toggled by a button with "ig" on it on the top toolbar. I believe both methods work the same so it doesnt matter which you use though.