Carewater

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
i thought the point in the house (it was a or b) was far to easy and unlike most 3 cp maps one point was always capped before the other (this makes it fell more like gorge with an extra point.) the skybox was muchhhh to low at blu spawn. you might be able to fix the issue of 1 point always capping before the other by making the red entrance more visible (right now it is tucked away.)

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
A3 release!

Changelog:
  • Slightly modified the layout at Point A and made it's capture time longer
  • Modified the layout at Point B with a wider play area and catwalks around the point to create height difference. Also made it's capture time longer
  • Pickup changes: Changed one medium healthkit to a small and moved the pair further away from Point B, added large ammo kit around Point C's trucks for better defence
  • Higher skybox at BLU spawn after complains of not enough room for rocket jumping
  • Very heavy optimisation, visleafs cut down significantly
  • Nobuild in each team's buildings, teleporters won't be as overpowered
  • Actually figured out where the truck textures were in my folders and packed them :O

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
[1]
You can put stickies to doors
[2]
Player clip is too low, you cannot sticky jump here!

It is hard to push from blue spawn, because spawn time is so high. In gravel pit defenders need to split up so higher spawn time for blu is okay. But it is not okay here. So, tweak spawn time for blu or modify that area.

Overall the map is okay, but it feels quite small.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Other players said it was very cramped, but I think it's very wide open and linear. I was having no success as a pyro on BLU because I had to push through all the chokes. Snipers, sentry guns, anything else would just mow me down before I could get in range.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
PROBLEMS

- Inside parts were very cramped.
- Waterfalls are not blocking bullets/projectiles.
- Water seems safe but when you jump in water you die.
- Outside area felt too open at times and there was a lot of big sightlines around last cp.
- Last cp is bad, the massive deathpit around small point is unwelcoming and makes people not stay on the point during attack.
- There is some useless props here and there, best example is random rocks at A.
- The upper ramps at B should lead to room or just removed.
- It is far too easy to spam into blue spawn room as demo because of the layout of blue setup area.
- Blue spawn door opens too slowly.

Nitram

L2: Junior Member
Jul 3, 2010
Few notes I made during the playtest today:
- The skybox was way to low.
- Found last point to be to small, and to big deathpit compared to the point, red spawndoor is going straight out to point and I almost jumped straight into the pit while jumping out of spawn.
- Waterfall on A is to far out. Make it closer to the wall or clip it so you can't shoot through it.
- Red can see into(stickyspam) the only door into blue spawn. Blue also have to walk past one door to get to the furthest door.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Being able to shoot through the waterfall seems fine to me, you can shoot through water so why not waterfalls? But it does hide sentries a little too well.

Nodraw on the edge of BLU spawn:
cp_carewater_a30000.jpg

The containers around C feel a bit repetitive. Maybe if you could get some new RED skins for them to add a bit of variaty.

Spawncamping is too easy for RED, I think BLU may need a new larger spawn with more spread out exits. Overall I felt it was a bit cramped but not too much. It was difficult to defend though, in both playtests I was in, I don't remember either team winning on defense, but cap B was the easy one to take.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
A4 release!

Changelog:
  • Modified the layout of Point A with an additional cave route, removed a waterfall and replaced it with a staircase, also moved the pipes at the back to allow more fighting space.
  • Modified the catwalks at Point B, with an extra route going out to Point C (one-way) and an extra route leading from the machine room coming from BLU's spawn.
  • Added more health and ammo pickups to the map.
  • Much higher skybox everywhere, thank god.
  • Redone BLU's spawn building to allow each route to be accessed without danger of crossing another exit.
  • Redone RED's spawn building to allow an additional route for height advantage and modified the other two routes to be less overpowered.
  • Containers can be accessed easier without incredibly annoying jumps. Also comes in a sexy Mann Co. recolour!
  • Removed the Announcer easter egg. It was getting annoying.
  • Added water-pit warning signs around the points, thanks to Void!

gastrop0d

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
Things I could see:

- In general it feels like C is too big and the rest of the map too cramped
- Mostly flat ground and straight corridors; snipers have an absolute field day
- The crampedness denies A and B very much combat dynamic. B is especially tedious with the epic sightlines from C

Study Gravel Pit a little more. Look at the scales of the areas, the travel times between them, the varied terrain heights, the interesting corridors.

Out of all the points I think A has the most promise at the moment. Just open it up a little more so its not so much of a straight corridor. Its very difficult to flank. This is true of B as well.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
BLU won each round. A and B were too hard to defend, and after a time BLU also capped C when they finally got to the mass of cover with the containers and stuff.
I think A and B are too close to eachother and also a little too close to the spawn. Move them back a little, that way the area for C will also shrink down a bit. You might also want to try to make it not that easy to change from A to B. When you play gravelpit you will see that you have to chose to go to A or B immediately when you live spawn. And if you leave spawn, A and B aren't immediately behind the doors already. When you have chosen a point in gravelpit it will also take long to get to the other one, in your map the distance between A and B isn't that long.

Also, fix the damn sniperlines please, there was Okrag sniping from C to our spawn when that door at A or B opened. And getting to C by using that route was always very difficult because of the camping snipers over there.