Can't find Tools in textures

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Doctor Paprika, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Doctor Paprika

Doctor Paprika L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't been able to find anything online for this. What the hell is going on?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27652498/nodraw.jpg

I had to re-install Steam and Source SDK, and when I loaded my map, I can't find any tools textures, or most of the dev textures, either.

2. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Have you checked your material exclusion list under options?

3. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    AFAIK, Dev and tool textures don't use the 'tf' keyword unless you install Boojum's stuff.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. Doctor Paprika

Positive Ratings:
    It's not listed there. That was the only troubleshooting solution I could find online.

EDIT: Psy - That's probably it. I had it installed before but I guess it would be gone now that I reinstalled. Thanks.

5. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Whilst i'm no expert, is it possible that by reinstalling SDK you've overwritten the improved FGD? Try reinstalling the ABS pack if you have it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Doctor Paprika

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, it worked. I'd totally forgotten that Hammer was like that without Boojum's thingamajig because I basically installed it right away when I started mapping.

7. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I thought Boojum emailed Valve and asked them to include the keyword "tf" with the tools textures?

8. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    the tf keyword in the tool textures has nothing to do with the FGD.

Missing the hoodoo textures though.. does.

Booj put the dev textures in one of the bin folders with the tf keyword added to their vmts, because hammer looks in places in order and ignores ones it finds second/third, booj was able to make it find his new ones first. But because vbsp(or pakrat, or both) doesn't even look in this location, it never includes the new textures in the map

9. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Is there any reason for Booj's pack not to be included in the official SDK, besides forcing people to go to TF2maps.net to get it?