Can someone help me convert a BSP to a VMF?

Bunker Junker

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2017
(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for this sort of thing.)

Backstory: So a long while ago, I was working on a map called arena_jikko, I was planning on getting it play tested after I finished the main layout, but then Hammer started acting funny, so I closed Hammer and opened it again, then it told me I have to delete it because it was "messed up". I then deleted it, not realizing all the VMFs I have on it were gonna get deleted too. So I tried to find a way to get the files back, and I found out I have only one way to get them back, but...

Yeah I've tried reading the tutorials, but with little success, problems like Java not working when needed, the thing where I place my BSP to be converted won't work, etc. I tried fixing it all but after hours of trying to get this thing to run, I can never get it to run on my own.

Can you please help a guy out? I don't wanna have to remake Jikko.

(It's fine if you don't want to.)

Attachments

• arena_jikko25.bsp
    2.5 MB · Views: 32

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Consider this a lesson, use source control.

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
I've decompiled it for you using BSPSource and attached it to this post. Keep in mind it may not be an exact copy of your original VMF since decompiling isn't 100% accurate. Anyway, hope this helps.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for this sort of thing.)
Yeah, I've tried reading the tutorials, but with little success, problems like Java not working when needed, the thing where I place my BSP to be converted won't work, etc. I tried fixing it all but after hours of trying to get this thing to run, I can never get it to run on my own.
Also, if you can be more specific on this I'm sure people will be able to help you fix this

Attachments

• arena_jikko25_d.vmf
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Mar 23, 2013
so I closed Hammer and opened it again, then it told me I have to delete it because it was "messed up". I then deleted it, not realizing all the VMFs I have on it were gonna get deleted too

that doesn't really make sense, how did you delete what exactly? Are you sure you deleted all the vmfs you had? Go to the folder where you saved them, (in windows browser, not with hammer) and see if their are still there

Bunker Junker

Jul 28, 2017
that doesn't really make sense, how did you delete what exactly? Are you sure you deleted all the vmfs you had? Go to the folder where you saved them, (in windows browser, not with hammer) and see if their are still there

I'm actually serious on this, after I deleted Hammer it got rid of the VMFs I had saved on it.

I've decompiled it for you using BSPSource and attached it to this post. Keep in mind it may not be an exact copy of your original VMF since decompiling isn't 100% accurate. Anyway, hope this helps.

Also, if you can be more specific on this I'm sure people will be able to help you fix this

Thank you very much for helping me, saved me the stress from having to build it all over again.

Well I got Java Runtime Environment so BSP Source can run. (At least that's what they tell me.) So after downloading it I noticed on the page where I downloaded Java it said that Firefox (My server browser) would not run it properly due to it being 64 bit, but I wanted to try it out anyways, and that end up failing. So I tried using Microsoft Edge, and it wouldn't run on that thing at all last time I checked. I then proceed to download Google Chrome, with no success either.

Sorry about the pervious info, I thought it was good enough to get an idea.

Bunker Junker

Jul 28, 2017
how did you *delete* hammer?

After noticing that Hammer was acting "funny", I decided to stop what I was doing and close it. After doing that, I then reopened it and got a message saying that the shortcut I had was "Corrupted" and that I had to delete it.

That's all I have.

Mar 23, 2013
I dont quite get it still but how does that delete the vmfs? Are you sure that hammer isn't just using a differemt path to save the vmfs and the old folder is still around somewhere else?

Bunker Junker

Jul 28, 2017
I dont quite get it still but how does that delete the vmfs? Are you sure that hammer isn't just using a differemt path to save the vmfs and the old folder is still around somewhere else?

I'm honestly not really sure, but from what I can gather, I can't find those old VMF files after deleting the shortcut I had to Hammer.