Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
Sharr,esp for you:

Last edited:

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
there should be a sniper deck for red here imo, i was tryin to play sniper on that point and there really wasn't anywhere to stand unless i looked right over it. But you have this seemingly accessible rooftop that has no function. So maybe make a little sniper deck out of it?

cpcalderaa90001.jpg

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
if we add it,it wont help snipers,see screen.

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
if we add it,it wont help snipers,see screen.

hmm, i see what you mean. I was just noting that cause snipers really dont have anywhere to go there...not that snipers get any love and i dont expect them too, but the class felt very useless at that particular point. That's why my screen was as demo cause i just couldn't find a place to shoot from that wasn't 6 feet away from the cave entrance. If it doesn't work, no big deal really as snipers are about the lowest on the priority list for fixes. But might be something to maybe think about if you can come up with some other way of giving them a place to shoot from. Unless your supposed to snipe from the spawn door?

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
but what u say makes sence,thats why ill add it in a10,here is concept)))

btw anything else? we rly lack on feedbacks,as u see in the thread)

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
map updated to a9b version

this is quite a quickfix, featuring some minor changes that will affect gameplay alot
STAGE_1
>added one-way door to cave entrance near pointB
>captime for pointB decreased from 6 to 3.5 srconds
>slight rrespawntime tuning
>added new ramp near pointB for red snipers\engies
STAGE_2
>added more signs for both red and blu
>cap times decreased from 5 ro 4 fpr pointA and from 4 to 3.5 for pointB
>added new way in the silo for blu after capturing pointA
>small playerclip fixes
>small overlay fixes

Last edited:

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
Meanwhile In the world of shaar:

I've been working on stage 3. it's not nearly fully complete; but here's what I've done with the cp_1 area.
cp1.jpg

cp11.jpg

some mild woke has been done on cp2, but, as of the moment, nothing perfect

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I thought it played quite well, and apparently you assessed most of the things I was going to mention. So I'll just stop there and tell you it's a really nice map. :)

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
thx)

anyway after some playtesting we found out that the most unsatisfying point is cpB stage. it was hard to cap,too close to red spawn,had no base for blu to attack from,and was overall too hard.
So here u are first shots of new CP compared to the old one

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
I love your detailing of stage one, especially the wooded area in the beginning of stage one.

This gap between the ground and the roof is odd looking. either close it up completely, or increase the space to make it look more natural.
cp_caldera_a9b0008.jpg

Got a big fps drop when I came in off said roof into this room.
cp_caldera_a9b0009.jpg

Once the defense sets up, this stretch pretty much becomes no go for the attackers. Between a demo, soldier, sniper, and engineer set up around the corner, everyone who tried going this way pretty much died in a few seconds or was forced to retreat, a little bit of cover would really help :D
cp_caldera_a9b0010.jpg

-2nd stage-

The clipping here is weird, it extends way beyond where the edge of the train car is.
cp_caldera_a9b0011.jpg

The path from B to A for defense felt very confusing to me my first round on this stage, I was following the signs, but I took a couple of turns that stuck me in entrances that turned out to only be intended for the attackers.

This map feels like it has lots of potential, even with these issues it was still very entertaining to play.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
thx,about stage1,why not use the upper cave system? its much better for attackers.

and about stage2..we know that issues thats why a10 version will be packed with completelly new cpB and lots of changes everywhear

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
true. some VRAD problem. anyway there will be no that zone in a10 i suppose

Last edited:

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
This also happens elsewhere, in stage one (in the pipe tunnel)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Upon close inspection of the control point you sent me, nipet, it looks less confusing than I thought when I saw the screenshot. Just one thing, though; there was an area below the point, behind the stairs that lead to absolutely nowhere. What's up with that?

cp_caldera_a9b0004.png

This cabinet doesn't animate.

cp_caldera_a9b0005.png

There's some weird clip on the top step.

cp_caldera_a9b0007.png

Non-solid prop.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
Upon close inspection of the control point you sent me, nipet, it looks less confusing than I thought when I saw the screenshot. Just one thing, though; there was an area below the point, behind the stairs that lead to absolutely nowhere. What's up with that?

i closed it,it was like dev-hole

cp_caldera_a9b0004.png

This cabinet doesn't animate.

cp_caldera_a9b0005.png

There's some weird clip on the top step.

cp_caldera_a9b0007.png

Non-solid prop.

#1 wierd,its animating at mine
#2 yep,fixed that
#3 aww,my mistake,fixing

BTW is that new layout ok? not too hard? at least..how it looks like

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
after some days working on new cpB stage2 im ready to share first close_to_final screenshots:

Last edited:

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
as alpha10 testing will be 3-days long stage_per_day on fri\sat\sun im uploading 3 maps: a10_s1,_s2 and _s3. s3 is still in development but first two are ready and uploaded,so here u go:
CL_CALDERA_A10_STAGE1
CP_CALDERA_A10_STAGE2

CP_CALDERA_A10_STAGE3

and compare shot:

Last edited: