Beware of loading demos from Steam

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Valve added the demo to everyone's game list, like in Left4Dead 1. However, they didn't give a strict deadline as to when it disappears. Frankly, it's a one off and should be fixed: either treat the demo like all others or remove the demo from the Steam system wholesale.

who cares? if you do may i ask why?

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Oh wow, you have a demo on your "available games" you don't even need to install.

It's an outrage, I'm shocked and appalled. In fact, it's probably a violation of human rights... You should look into it. It's totally worth it.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It's under "not installed" out of the way at the bottom of your page where you don't even look. Anything available from Valve that you're elegible to recieve appears there, given my current selection of games i have CS, DM:Classic, DoD, Ricochet and L4D2 Demo. It's only saying "hey, you can have this for free".

It's a pathetic excuse to rag on L4D2, and there's no need to continue this discussion at all.

Last edited:

dang

L1: Registered
Nov 9, 2009
yup, mine's gone too. guess i would've appreciated a 'demo expired' status in my games list or something. Oh well, guess i'm gonna have to keep scrounging my pennies and buy it asap