Baubles and Respawn Room Visualizers

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by theatreTECHIE, Jan 21, 2017.

1. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    Something I've been alerted to is that in my map, baubles hit from the wrap assassin didn't go through the respawn room visualizers, and instead exploded on contact. This got me curious, so I started testing, and found out that respawn room visualizers don't play nicely with baubles.

How bad the baubles are affected depends on the thickness of the brush - a 16 unit thick visualizer won't let any baubles through, while a 4 unit thick visualizer will let baubles through at seemingly random locations. I even tried with 1 unit thick visualizers, and some baubles exploded on contact with the visualizer. Even breaking up the visualizer into smaller ones didn't work, and neither did changing the texture to player clip.

Is anyone able to offer a possible fix for this?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Bugfix to Valve? It's seemingly small but annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Known issue. Happens with pretty much all closed doors and physics projectiles. Don't get your hopes up, this smells like a vphysics issue.

4. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not talking about closed doors. I'm talking about baubles colliding with a func_respawnroomvisualizer entity.

5. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    It's the same thing really. Fast moving physics object vs thin, fixed in place, collider.