ARENA backlot rc2

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
annnndd reds side:
arena_backlot_b20002.jpg
arena_backlot_b20003.jpg

And hidden between the blue and red side is an important date.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I just thanked the edit.

purequaternion

L3: Member
May 19, 2009
I think the city-scape sounds interesting.

I think you mentioned you were considering Pipeline esque stuff too. Maybe try mixing them? City on one side, industrial stuff on the other?

Also, I think what you did to the big blocks (36 and 91) looks good. They don't look so bland like they did the other night.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
10/10

looks better than hardhat and probably plays better too

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
as far as arena maps go, this is really good

Thanks, that means a lot.

I don't expect it to gain much popularity (its arena), but I have (like all maps) learned a lot with this one, and I'm glad people enjoy the in.

Now if I could only figure out what to do with my next map :'(

Side note:
Just for an update of this map.
I'm working on a development video that will be released when this map is released.
Projected Beta update content:
~B3 will be optimization/detailing
~B4 will be tweeks to optimizations/detailing
~B5 (fingers crossed) should be RC1.

after that I don't know what I'll do. I have a hankering to make another smaller map, as I enjoy doing those the most.

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Since you like small maps, do TC for a challenge.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Updated to b3

So here's what I'm thinking. The map is basically done. I was debating "eh, do I release it now, and do a couple of rc versions, or do I leave in beta" I left it in beta for one more version (assuming everything goes according to plan).

This version is a really simple quick and dirty Full compile with no HDR cubemaps. What I'm just looking for is how is everyone's FPS. I did a little occluding work and so things should be better. if Not, i know where I would need to add some more occluders. I didn't do that right off because occluders require more processesing power than area portals (and tbh, areaportals were useless on this map).

If everything goes according to plan, rc1 will be the next version, and everyone can stop complaining about playing an arena map during impromptu's :cursing:.