Attention, Employees

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah but look at the yeeellooowwww

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
Yellow railings. Just what I wanted!

It's so sad when I realize that I care more about new maps for the new models they add in rather than for the fact that they're new maps.

Valve said before that they didn't have a new gamemode--I wonder if they were specifically referring to the Announcer voiceclips being unrelated to a new gamemode or if they were actually referring to the entire update. I'd really like to see Valve start focusing on the gamemodes that already exist at this point, honestly.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Except that pretty much is the "Oh hey yeah we forgot to mention that Hoodoo was in this update" page.

This.

What Nine has said is still true for every page except that one, and that was the final page before the update where hoodoo was the only thing left unannounced.

They are official maps without a doubt.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
It's so sad when I realize that I care more about new maps for the new models they add in rather than for the fact that they're new maps.

Valve said before that they didn't have a new gamemode--I wonder if they were specifically referring to the Announcer voiceclips being unrelated to a new gamemode or if they were actually referring to the entire update. I'd really like to see Valve start focusing on the gamemodes that already exist at this point, honestly.

They make lots of gamemodes, and give the community more options :rolleyes:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Will crafting "blueprints" be the new desired randomly-acquired doohickey? Or can you literally combine things however you want, and people need to discover by trial-and-error?

I like how the only example is to take primary weapons and make scrap metal :p

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Will crafting "blueprints" be the new desired randomly-acquired doohickey? Or can you literally combine things however you want, and people need to discover by trial-and-error?

I like how the only example is to take primary weapons and make scrap metal :p

I'd be nice if they made it so that some could be found by trail and error, and others (like the nicer hats) have to be created with proper blueprints.

Also, I'm hoping that scrap metal stacks, since I'm sure there will be a lot of that from failed combines. :D

Furthermore: Engie update in Disguise. (Shhhhhh....)

XFunc_CaRteR

L5: Dapper Member
May 14, 2009
Speaking on behalf of the Comp players.... no. I think Valve would no better then to do a Solider/Demo update together. That many new items and new features to the two prominent attack classes in Comp play would be detrimental to every league. The scout's Sandman was bad enough... (it still has yet to be allowed in most leagues).

Also, on the side of Pub play, think about it. It was also bad enough when every single damn player on each team was a scout. How much chaos would ensue when everyone ends up playing solider and demo only.

Valve's smarter then that. I seriously doubt a duel update with the both of them.

I can't even imagine anyone playing TF2 as a serious competitive game. That's Counter-Strike, dude...

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Whoever wins...

Engies lose.

Also, the hidden link browned up, just like the comic.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I could sic my image-change-watching script on some of the update assets it if y'all wanted.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Bwhaahaha. "In regione caecorum rex est luscus".

In the land of the blind, the kind has one eye!

So what do you think the "Sco... Res..." unlock is, eh?

And don't let his poor Mum's money complaints worry you. Tavish Degroot has surely... Saved Right Too.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
This has god to be the lamest update yet :(

He's not even a "demoman" anymore

CQC Totally infringes on Pyro territory

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
ahem...bloody melee weapons!!
im afraid ill have to break my usual rule about not joining the rush of people trying the new weapons...anyone who has fought against me should know im obsessed with melee :p

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
All the other weapons have provided an alternative way to play the class. This one changes it entirely, and I don't like it one bit.