Attention, Employees

Feb 14, 2008
Back to the Steam User Forum's with you. Make sure you take your stupid ideas with you. :p

I'm not the one with 1,500+ posts there :rolleyes:

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
Dario said the soldier kills and demoman kills are counted and the one with the most gets the surprise

Dragonstorm24

Nov 16, 2009
My Opinions:

Soldier weapons:

primary: guided missiles: 1 missle per load, does less damage
secondary: trench shotgun: does more damage at close range
melee: billy club: faster then trench shovel, does a little less damage

Demoman weapons:

primary: (unknown name): grenader launcher that has a charged distance shot (like stickes), more damage
secondary: sticky grenades (handheld), less amo then launcher
melee: none

new level: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/112212 (VALVe edited)

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Speaking on behalf of the Comp players.... no. I think Valve would no better then to do a Solider/Demo update together. That many new items and new features to the two prominent attack classes in Comp play would be detrimental to every league. The scout's Sandman was bad enough... (it still has yet to be allowed in most leagues).

Also, on the side of Pub play, think about it. It was also bad enough when every single damn player on each team was a scout. How much chaos would ensue when everyone ends up playing solider and demo only.

Valve's smarter then that. I seriously doubt a duel update with the both of them.

Dragonstorm24

Nov 16, 2009
Speaking on behalf of the Comp players.... no. I think Valve would no better then to do a Solider/Demo update together. That many new items and new features to the two prominent attack classes in Comp play would be detrimental to every league. The scout's Sandman was bad enough... (it still has yet to be allowed in most leagues).

Also, on the side of Pub play, think about it. It was also bad enough when every single damn player on each team was a scout. How much chaos would ensue when everyone ends up playing solider and demo only.

Valve's smarter then that. I seriously doubt a duel update with the both of them.

AH but do you remember the Spy vs. Sniper Update? Heavies and engies will never be the same

KaiserFate

L69: Deviant Member
Dec 9, 2009
Revenge and Engineers, some sort of combination, it seems so familiar.

The Revengineer update.

YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST

Actually I have been seriously wondering how they were going to upgrade the Engineer since I began playing. A response to the Soldier/Demo upgrade would make perfect sense.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Apparently I gave Valve too much credit.

Oh. Dear. God. I'm hiding under my bed. Wake me up in a few months.

not just that, but its even worse!

Now we don't just get one week of entire servers of demos and soldiers, we get two! One while everyone tries to get their favorite class the bonus weapon, and one while everyone tries the new weapons :O

KaiserFate

L69: Deviant Member
Dec 9, 2009
Now we don't just get one week of entire servers of demos and soldiers, we get two! One while everyone tries to get their favorite class the bonus weapon, and one while everyone tries the new weapons :O

I considered this myself. "Man, everyone playing Demo and Soldier is really going to affect gameplay." But I'm not one to talk - I'll probably be contributing to the mess in my contribution to the war effort as a soldier. I want that weapon for the class I use, dammit!

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
hmm, wich maps are that on the soldier's and demo's background?

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
It sure as hell isn't Waste.