CP artpass Capt. Kirk

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
Freight went official for the 119th Update, yes. All the materials from Freight are in the gcf and everything (which is only the models and the textures that go with them)

I'm assuming this is OP's first crack at mapping, and I think you're doing a pretty good job with it with that in mind! However, keep a few things in mind:

While part of TF2's humor specifically revolves around how close RED and BLU's bases are to each other, the bases rarely share the same building. Why would a BLU building be connected to a RED one? Though with proper context it can obviously work (see 1fort), there doesn't seem to be much of a reason why that BLU building is connected to a RED one. On top of that, the severe contrast can look rather unappealing to players.

Color is a very, very important thing in Team Fortress, because it specifically denotes the territory you're in and where you're going. If you can't tell if you're in friendly territory or not, you're going to get very confused (and probably pretty angry!) players.

Capt. Kirk

L1: Registered
Jul 17, 2010
Day 6
waterspicket.jpg

woodpile.jpg

mineandwaterfall.jpg

bluspawnloft.jpg

buildingdetails2.jpg

buildingdetails.jpg

cowreference.jpg

Cows of course

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
I see shadows of things outside the spawn, in it!
you should fix that...
Anyway, great improvment!

Capt. Kirk

Jul 17, 2010
sorry for no new updates i have been out of town on a marching band camp. should get some more work done soon.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I like the payload in the rubble but try to compile cubemaps before displaying screnshots up on the site. It's a major eye sore.

The twisty drain pipe is also pretty neat.

Capt. Kirk

Jul 17, 2010
I'm afraid to say im out of the competition due to the fact that something is keeping Hammer from uploading the new map to tf2 and will not get this map done in time. I am however planning on finishing this map as my groups own custom map.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
All your props are prop_dynamic. They shouldn't be. They should be prop_static!

That might explain why the map isn't working. There's a limit on dynamic entities allowed, and every single prop in a thoroughly-detailed map might just be enough to break that limit.