Arid

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Gameday BUMP.

Any thoughts, drawings, rages, and lolurmapsucks are appreciated.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
The fighting that actually did happen in the middle was useless. It didn't help either team, it was just a DM fest.

Green is the path the majority took, yellow is the other path they couldve taken.
Both greens are far apart, no conflict between 2 greens ever happens.
ctf_arid_a100000.jpg

This is why no one takes the yellow path to the intel. You have to pass their freakin' spawn twice!
ctf_arid_a100001.jpg

And what puts the final nail in the coffin for the yellow path is the huge advantage the green path gives you. Ledge that watches the door into it and a medium health. Perfect sentry spot.
ctf_arid_a100002.jpg

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
To be perfectly honest, I feel like doing a complete re-make. New bases, new mid, new everything. While keeping with the general shape of course. As it is now, I can hardly change the mid drastically without changing the bases, and vice versa. So a re-make would be good, get everything flowing better. Thought's on that? I get Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off school, so I could get it done then if I did.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
To be perfectly honest, I feel like doing a complete re-make. New bases, new mid, new everything. While keeping with the general shape of course. As it is now, I can hardly change the mid drastically without changing the bases, and vice versa. So a re-make would be good, get everything flowing better. Thought's on that? I get Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off school, so I could get it done then if I did.

Do it. The current build did not provide any (little) excitement. People just capped and capped, after awhile I felt completely disconnected from the game that was going on.. and my killing efforts made no differance because they popped back up in my face if I tried to move inside the bases,

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Alpha 11 Released!
  • Removed the side route, to further make the mid more useful.
  • Removed Health on the side ramps, before the drop down
  • Made the corner of the mid area, a ramp area
  • Raised the area where the old side route was and added a medium ammo kit

ctf_arid_a110000.jpg

ctf_arid_a110001.jpg

ctf_arid_a110002.jpg

ctf_arid_a110003.jpg

EDIT: My 500th post as well :)

Last edited:

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
I really dislike how you removed the side exit, it means spawncamping is now inevitable. It also means snipers have a HUGE sightline from the main base exit all the way into the area where you used to have a doorway on the enemy's base.

For the first point, it's a compromise I'm gonna have to make. Spawncamping, if anything may be less as the side exit didn't stop people spawn camping, it just made it easier for them to get to the enemy spawn.

At the second point, err, you got a screenshot?

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
For the first point, it's a compromise I'm gonna have to make. Spawncamping, if anything may be less as the side exit didn't stop people spawn camping, it just made it easier for them to get to the enemy spawn.

At the second point, err, you got a screenshot?

Exit spawn. You can either take the right exit which has you intel and stuff, or the left "main" exit. This door is a ridiculous choke point if demos are on the mid, and as soon as you open the door, you're free to be sniped from straight ahead of you where there's a stupidly long sightline

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Alpha 12 Released
  • Changed Game Mode to invade ctf

I was thinking about how to use the middle more, and how to maybe streamline gameplay when it hit me, put the intel there, I have no idea if this is going to work on not, but lets hope so.

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
So. after deciding a hell of a long time ago to completely rehaul the map, you done absolutely jack shit, and then literally this morning you ask me: would Arid work better if it was invade? I say yes , so you change it within like half an hour.

:O

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
So. after deciding a hell of a long time ago to completely rehaul the map, you done absolutely jack shit, and then literally this morning you ask me: would Arid work better if it was invade? I say yes , so you change it within like half an hour.

:O

I asked zpq first, and I never go round to re-hauling it. So meh, life happened in between and I came up with that idea. I'm gonna see how well it works.

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
I asked zpq first, and I never go round to re-hauling it. So meh, life happened in between and I came up with that idea. I'm gonna see how well it works.

and Gewitter dissapeared :O