another bug same map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Qbus, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Qbus

Qbus L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Backt then there was an error with breakable now there's an error with func_brush...

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You have a brush entity that attempts to reference a brush that doesn't exist. Edit out the broken entity in the vmf manually.

3. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Probably means you have too many brush models in your map. If you use a certain brush over and over again, try making the brush a model with Propper or similar and use props instead.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Qbus

Qbus L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    thank you.
    dr orange i taught there was no limit for brush

5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    by the way. Judging for the screenshot, I'm suspecting you are making a beginner mistake. Do you work with a grid size of 1 or do you have snap-to-grid disabled? Because it looks like your brushes are just slightly off bigger grid sizes which implies that said mistakes are the case.
    Try to work with a bigger grid until you make details. A good grid size to start when making more basic things like layout is 8 or 16. Also brush vertices should always be on the grid.
    If you have plenty of offgrid brushes or always work on grid size 1 then mapping will be more unorganized by a clustered view, inconvinient to edit brushes and can cause technical issues.

But maybe I'm just missjudging you from that screenshot. It's just a guess

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    There certainly is a limit on the number of brushes. Lots of things have hardcoded limits in source.

7. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    It would really help if you explained what you were trying to do or what weird logic you are trying to use because this is seldom an error a normal map would have.