Animus

Animus a8

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
To some, I promised for Animus to be in this weekends gameday, but thats not gonna happen. So to make up for it, here I have two new teasers. Enjoy

aurum_tease2.jpg

aurum_tease3.jpg

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
Animus is a good name, I like it

Looks like you're onto something special. The theme and look are very complimentary to the idea

lerlerson

L2: Junior Member
Nov 27, 2007
What exactly is that flying up in the air, above the payload, beside the building, on the first picture on this page?

Looks sorta like a rocket, but it can't be.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
What ya using to make them? I would like to make one myself but doing it in Photoshop doesn't seem practical.

(s2a) yahodahan

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
I just wanna say, I don't get what any of the hate on this thread is for.

How can there by anything but stunned awe and worship?

Sooooo awesome!!! gimmegimmegimmegimmegimee-whenitgonnabereadytoplay!!??!

(s2a) yahodahan

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
seriously, way to go ye brains-behind-the-magic, this is gonna be a favorite of mine no matter how it plays out.

Cowards wanna quiver in fear and camp somewhere secret? Stalemate some say? No matter, such piteous play will not stop me! I'll hunt down those sorry, yeller, lily-livered varmint by the smell of their fear-loosened bowls, and the sound of their miserable weeping. Then we tear out there flimsy nerf-spines, and harvest their wretched SOOOOULLSSS to power the CART, YESSS!!!!

muHUAHAHAHAAHA!

(can we play it yet? how about now? now? ... now?)

...now? :D

mikey

L1: Registered
Jun 26, 2009
Until I've played this map or read some comments about gameplay. I feel like it will be either a massive camp fest/spam fest/turtle fest.

Camp fest: Team will push other team back to spawn and since you dont need to actually push the cart the team will stay.

Spam fest: Later into the game people realize that dying is bad (worse than before). Most people will play defensively, stay at range and never really dare to push in and kill some people, will just be a bunch of nade/rocket spam and sniper fights.

Turtle fest (worst case): Teams will turtle and wait for the other team to attack. Which will lead to the turtling team winning or the other team does the same -> stalemates (reminds me of pipeline s1 & s2).

Just some bad scenarios that popped up in my head with a gamemode like this.

An idea for fixing it would either be some badass map design to prevent this, or to just let teams be able to push the cart (though it would ruin the gamemode idea and incourage turtling). Meh, I don't really know until I've played it, just how I felt.

Might wanna come up with a better name <.<

Last edited: