Airdrop

MVM Airdrop rc3

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Moved map to beta 1 stage. Kind of already had detailing from a8-a7, layout kind of works, so...

"General"

- Hooray, map screenshots on medium game quality.

Map changes

- Tried to improve nav file a bit. Big robots supposed to not get stuck on middle roof anymore. Supposed to.

- Added nav avoids in some places so giants won't get stuck in some weird places. (LIGHTPOLES, MY ONLY WEAKNESS!)

- HDR lighting. I'm sorry for your eyes.

- A bit more details

- "Debris" displacement stuff on tank pathes.

Pop files
Normal

- Buffed "Uber" Medic's health on wave 4.

- Buffed Demomen health on wave 5.

Well, now I would need some feedback on how map's looking, probably.

Read the rest of this update entry...

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Map changes:

- Tried to fix some of the floating props

- Added a way to "left relative to defender's spawn flank route" from spawn

- Tried to reduce sighline on "2nd route". Probably failed due to laziness.

- Fixed up nav a bit.

- Placing sentries on middle tank is now legal.

Pop file changes:

Normal:

- More combat medics.

- Added randomchoice to wave 5 to randomly *duh* choose between Natasha Giant and Huo Long Heater Giant.

Advanced:

- Shotgun giants on wave 4 are now "static", MaxActive set to 2 with TotalCount 4.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Map changes:

- Added some wooden ramps on map

- Removed some of nobuilds due to that said ramps providing pathes to bots (Mostly Sentry Busters) to previously nobuilded areas.

Pop file changes:

All

- Now bots from "main" spawnbots would spawn first, so bomb won't end up in bot-inaccesible locations. Though, with those ramps, there probably no more "bot-inaccessible" locations anymore, so... Why not, eh?

Normal:

- Put some syringe medics in squads, so now they're supposed to be a bit aggressive with those.

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Release of the "Major Fix", nothing much done to the layout, though fixed major mistake on my part which had possibility of locking the wave entirely.

And I only noticed existence of that "bug" right after contest's deadline.

Map changes:

- Weirdly clipped thingie here https://i.imgur.com/EKMO7Qx.jpg
(I'm pretty sure I clipped it in the wrong way) (thanks LeSwordfish)
- Fixed nav mesh near this thingie https://i.imgur.com/5Wt40xx.png (Thanks Jakapoa)
- Fixed that darn thing with waves getting "locked". So, in case if airdrop bots won't get spawned due to hitting the playerslot cap, then they'll spawn on ground near main spawns once enough slots would be freed.

Pop file changes:

Normal:
- NaaN. I guess it's kind of fine as it is...

Advanced
- NERFED SMGEERS SNIPERS ON WAVE 2! HURRAH! NOW PLAYER'S SNIPERS CAN BE A BIT MORE OP, DUE TO SPREAD OF THOSE SMGEERS!
- Nerfed "Air Striker"'s reloading speed
- The only Kritz medic duo on wave 3 now pops kritz instantly as they spawn. And yeah, those are the medics that heal that Major Airstriker
-
Now I used template.pop thingie for the most spammable bots. (smgeers, airstrikers, etc.) (Thanks Jakapoa, again.)

PenolAkushari

Never Played MvM
Apr 28, 2017
Pardon me for bumping that thing, just wanted to share some stuff relating to that map.

Well, I've decided to completely rework that thing at some point, but not right now, due to having some other more important stuff to do (Probably next summer, but I can't make any promises with dat). The whole "Airdrop" thingie will remain, probably even "upgraded", to some extent. I'll probably also leave the whole Frontline theme as it is, though yeah, that kind of doesn't go well with TF2. At least in my hands. Well, gotta improve, then.

Mainly I've a planned layout change, due to how overly sniper-friendly the map is.