Age of Conan

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
Penalty for death was IMO way too bad in Vanguard. Horrible hits to gear and loss of xp, as well as buggy engine lead to many many unsuccesful corpse retrieval runs. Was really depressing and detracted from the game.

Still, no penalty at all??

To be honest, I'm still interested in some form of penalty, but nothing permanent. Temporary stat reduction, equipment/durability loss (assuming a system where it doesn't take ten hours to get/recover a piece of equipment), even theft of items from pvp could work. Any penalty though should not be so severe that if your connection glitches, the game server crashes, your operating system throws you a critical error at the wrong time, or any number of other accidents occur that are beyond your control, you haven't just lost a week's worth of playtime.

The reason I think there should be a penalty is because WoW had no real penalty for dying, and it made death so meaningless, especially in pvp, that spontaneous combat lost a lot of its thrill. Even a small penalty would mean combat equals risk.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I signed up and still haven't gotten in :( Am I missing something, or did you guys just get lucky? That said, Nark is going w/ Barbarian while I'm gonna be Tempest of Set. At least for my first character.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
eh i couldnt wait, i REALLY wanted to try this game out.

you can buy a 1 month subscription to file planet for $7.50. With that you get into open beta and a beta key.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
here is a Screenshot from in game starting area.. this isn't much but i wanted to show how "lush" the environment is.

and yes.. its a 1meg .jpg that isnt as pretty as the game =)

Also check out the regular leather armor! bump-mapping ftw.

Daniel_picture000.jpg

Last edited:

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
here is a Screenshot from in game starting area.. this isn't much but i wanted to show how "lush" the environment is.

and yes.. its a 1meg .jpg that isnt as pretty as the game =)

Also check out the regular leather armor! bump-mapping ftw.

Wonder how long it will take him to realize that he forgot to include the screenshot? :lol:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
its 1mb.. will take a min to load =p

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
... I really don't see a screenshot... lol...

The page is finished loading, and there is nothing in your post...

How did you post the screenshot?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
k i got rid of the thumbnail, now it full loads.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
i dont find you looking like conan the librarian ^^
I want to see CONAN!

FY CONAN IS SAPPING MY SENTRY

efciem

L69: Deviant Member
Mar 31, 2008
i'll be playing make sure to make note of what server we all should be starting up on..

any idea on a ship/release date?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
05/20/08

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
What about the monthly cost upon release?

looking like the normal $14.99 monthly fee.

What im doing even though i plan to get the game is this *posted on another forum i use*

Best buy = $10 pre-order + rhino mount
Gamestop/EB = $5 pre-order + mammoth mount (you can put down full price of game if you wish.

No matter which one you get, both allow you to register for Early Access which can be downloaded now via Funcom. It will cost $5 and will let you start playing on the 17th (3 day head start from retail). It also covers 10 days of playtime so its actually a small discount off the standard monthly fee.

IE you don't need to pay the 49.99 price of the game to find out "hey, this isn't for you" spend the $10bucks and save yourself the money.

I still will be buying the game reguardless, it looks good. Going for the mammoth mount =) the barbs on the tusks = cool.

Sean of the Dead

L3: Member
Dec 30, 2007
I signed up for the beta, but unfortunately didn't get in. I just got an email today giving me a special item in-game for signing up, but I don't know if I'll ever use it, so someone who plays the game can have it. This is the description:

"As a sign of gratitude for your aid, we are pleased to offer you the in-game item used by those loyal to King Conan: The Drinking Cape. This item will allow your characters (one game account only) to free of charge demand the very sought after alcholic drink of "Ambrosia" - free and in unlimited supplies for life! After having claimed your cape, merely find one of the kegs in the finer Inns of Hyboria and click it whilst wearing your cape to receive your drink."

I'm guessing it's pretty good, but I've never played the game, dunno what Ambrosia is used for :p
If anyone wants it, PM me. First come first served ;)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
^ lol i could use a cape.

oh no nark! i missed that.

im on Tyranny

tedrock

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2008
well i just found out i was selected to beta test this but never got the email. i even just got an email to upgrade my account to get some drinking cape. even to test this right now you have to pay monthly though right? or maybe this cape thing is something they gave everyone in the news letter.

Last edited: