Age of Conan

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
well i just found out i was selected to beta test this but never got the email. i even just got an email to upgrade my account to get some drinking cape. even to test this right now you have to pay monthly though right? or maybe this cape thing is something they gave everyone in the news letter.

they gave it to everyone who signed up for beta, even if you didn´t play it.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
^ Nark where ya been?

Narkissus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 22, 2008
My character is stuck loading into khemi zone and i havent been able to get them unstuck or get a gm because it takes hours of sitting there to get a GM. Perhaps ill just remake, was only level 22.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
did you have the EA installed?

Most people i read about problems have EA installed and say installing from the disks fixes a ton of stuff...

Thats what im doing now, i just uninstalled EA and am installing from the disks =)

You sent me a tell, but i lost the name. What was the other characters name?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Early Access people

edit: get ready for a ton of BIG updates =(

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
*sigh* this game sounds interesting, but I have yet to hear anything about it that will make me break my current position.

I will not pay for the same game every month, it just does not make sense. I have yet to find a game that sounds good enough that I want to rebuy the game every 3 months. Think about it, essentially what you might as well do is take your orange box DVD's, shred them, and go buy another copy every 3 months.

Narkissus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 22, 2008
I dunno, i have no problem paying every month, unless you are a homeless person im pretty sure you can afford it, most people spend 15 bucks in 2 days on coffee, they shouldnt have a problem on doing this for a game where you get new content for free and has hundreds upon hundreds of hours of content. Plus its a hell of alot of fun. :)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I dunno, i have no problem paying every month, unless you are a homeless person im pretty sure you can afford it, most people spend 15 bucks in 2 days on coffee, they shouldnt have a problem on doing this for a game where you get new content for free and has hundreds upon hundreds of hours of content. Plus its a hell of alot of fun. :)

I agree with Nark and even on the point about the coffee.

IDK me personally though, this is the best MMO ive seen in a very long time.

Its up there with DAoC.

combat is awesome fun, i honestly thought it would get lame after a bit but im really surprised its still a blast.
TONS of quests, im level 40 and i hit lvl 40 very fast.. i've done no grinding at all, there are many quests and a bit of fun.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
im up for that still, i took a break for tf2mappers steam chat for a week, just needed a wall-of-text break =)