Abyss

CP Abyss B81 TWO

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Oatmeal

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2014
I am not that opposed to a 5cp version, but the second point would need some serious work for that to flow properly. The attackers have the high ground from every attack route and plenty of cover while the defenders need to pass through an open area. Defending that point is just a pain.

secondpoint.jpg

On a positive note, I like the additional ways to get through that room without being in the unavoidable sniper sightline of the previous version.

You could try moving the point closer to the defending spawn and add some cover facing away from the point.

The maps pretty fun by the way.

Last edited:

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
Lain and Oatmeal, those two areas I'm going to be keeping an eye on how they play. So far playtests haven't yielded much substance for how those areas play out. I have a vision for how final will play out and will try to keep to that, but if issues become apparent I'll be addressing them. For second, the fastest route which most classes will end up using feeds out into the low area. It feels fairly safe to say that it should not be too much of an issue for defenders to retake, but I'll be paying attention to how it really plays.

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Oh my god,I'm so moist right now I can't freaking even.

It's SO BEAUTIFUL. I'm starting to hate you man. Real bad. 7.........7

jk. It's a really awesome job. I truly want to test it right now. ;D

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Does the surface of water really have those caustics on the underside? I thought that was the result of light projecting through water and onto something solid.

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
Does the surface of water really have those caustics on the underside? I thought that was the result of light projecting through water and onto something solid.

No not really but it got the point across and looked neat. Allowed me to be lazier since the effect was already there. Wind Waker did something similar so it's passable.

Wind-Waker-HD-1.jpg

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
That's the thing: the map is on par with others when alone. But when populated, even I was getting worse than usual.

Aeix

L3: Member
Feb 14, 2016
Blyat! This map is so beautiful!

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
There's always 66 particle system activated. In some areas, the number goes up to 69. Is having that much particle system activated normal? It does not seem too great for optimization for me.

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
If you miss the second point now you really need to be more observant.

Made a few more minor changes.

There's always 66 particle system activated. In some areas, the number goes up to 69. Is having that much particle system activated normal? It does not seem too great for optimization for me.

Have you compared it to other maps? Cause I haven't even added any particle systems to the map. Hard to optimize what you haven't added!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
If you miss the second point now you really need to be more observant.

Made a few more minor changes.

Have you compared it to other maps? Cause I haven't even added any particle systems to the map. Hard to optimize what you haven't added!

Read the rest of this update entry...
Dustbowl has 88 particle system active at all time. I guess 66 is default.
At first, I thought the bubbles and the 'swimming pool effects' where all particle system. How did you create all the effects without using any particle systems?

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Are these version numbers just totally random?

Aug 30, 2015
(It's 'e previous version number multiplied by three)