Abadoned Projects?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Rehsa4, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Rehsa4

Rehsa4 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't bothered to mess with TF2 in a while, and really took on an idea forever ago which is way to big for me to even continue messing with. I was wondering what other people do with their old projects they just have no desire to take on?

I have my project uploaded if people wanna grab it.

I was remodeling Pier 39 in SanFran, but just getting the basic height and angles and things of the first area, I put way too much bother into something that was too big for me. It's about 10% complete but way more than I will ever do. Plus, I ended up mapping basic outlines of the back area and the map would be WAY too big in my mind that anyone would want to play.

So what do other people do with their old projects that fell into the endless void?

2. Radaka

Radaka L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've kept them for good measure, but probably won't ever work on them ever again.

3. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've done the same as Radaka. My first map I just have sitting there, I have to admit I may someday go back to it. Though if I am going to do that, I think I am going to be waiting for a more urban theme set to come out before I get back to it.

4. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Kept them, and just gone back and seen them like "Oh, that's cool. Too bad it didn't work" and either add to it or just leave it again.

Seriously, Stupid func_tracktrain stopped me from having a PLR with actual trains.

5. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    whaaaat?

6. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I'm probably never going to touch my first...3 maps. They had bad flow. I still have them, but I doubt I'll ever, ever work on them again.

7. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    im pretty sure my 1st 2 maps have been completely lost, my third one ive made sure to hold onto because...you know...it didn't entirely suck ;)
    then ive got about 6 false starts that I keep to poach ideas from at a later date

8. Bacon Sandvich

Bacon Sandvich L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    i have a community map project that i plan on resurrecting donated maps with, if anyones interested in posting their vmf here

For more info on the community project codenamed BRANCH, heres the [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10322"]thread[/ame].