A wild swamp appeared!

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
But Carnivorous Crocodile Cutout sounds so much better than Fake Alligator!

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Wow, that's awesome. I can't wait to start playing with this.

I was getting the impression that Valve might include this stuff in an update. Was that true? The one thing I'm worried about is the massive size of a map filled with all this custom content.

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Just one thing to say :

sroglssofjn ,dlg,ipdhgwqpbmrjgb<sfw<ù,guoqbd^pbf.

It's just amazing. Great, great job !

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
This looks great. It really does.

I have a crazy idea for an envriomental death.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
I can't get the install to work. It has an error message, and then I have to abort. I don't have Steam in a spot that people would usually have it in, so is that the problem?

edit: if that is the problem, is there any other way to get this content? I really want to do the contest.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
There's one problem though: the trees (with the exception of the big tree) don't have correct collision models. It means there's some player clipping in the future for those using this pack in a map.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I can't get the install to work. It has an error message, and then I have to abort. I don't have Steam in a spot that people would usually have it in, so is that the problem?

edit: if that is the problem, is there any other way to get this content? I really want to do the contest.

We'll sort an alternative out for you post haste!

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Ooh, very nice. I'm not working on anything swampy, but I'm very interested in that water drip...

But Carnivorous Crocodile Cutout sounds so much better than Fake Alligator!
That crock's a SPAH!

Remix

L69: Deviant Member
Feb 27, 2008
I have been needing some wooden boats. My favorite would have to be the cut-out croc :p

eraSuS

L1: Registered
Jul 19, 2009
Looks awesome. :eek:

Just tried the skybox on my map, and it looks gorgeous.. Good work!

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Just a note: we are taking requests for new content for a Swamp Expansion!

[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8518"]Swamp Theme Expansion - You choose the content! - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Can anyone else get in on making the content? It seems like you guys keep this very hush-hush. Wouldn't it be better to get all of TF2Maps involved, instead of just TF2Maps VIP members?

While the idea sounds great, and it'd be something nice to do for the community, the legal complications if Valve picks up a map that uses it would be huge. So by keeping it to minimum number of content creators that Zpqrei has already collected legal documentation from, everything is more streamlined, and overall easier on us if anything happens.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
Wow. I had no clue legal documentation was even a factor in it. Thanks for clearing that up.