A new kind of TC arrangement?

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
OK, jumping in, because this topic fascinates me. Here's my suggestion:

Put the points closer together. Like very close. Like, if it were 2fort, put red point on one side of the bridge and blue point on the other.

How would this address current issues with TC?
  • Round time reduced, whoever wins the initial fight pretty much wins the round. Not a problem with TC, because you have several rounds to recover if you lose. TC should be about winning multiple rounds, not a protracted fight over each section (imo)
  • Easier for teams to commit to offense, because you can pull back and defend quickly if someone tries to backcap
  • No complex entity work needed=D

idk, just an idea I've been kicking around. It's kind of similar to the single point idea, but you could do some creative things with making each point somewhat defensible.

Reasonable assumption is I won't be making a TC map anytime soon, so if someone likes the idea and wants to run with it, terrific

Dustoxx

Jan 9, 2009
ABBAttoir, wouldn't that be a big spamfest? The area would be very small, with almost no cover, right?

Edit: coming back on the 1 cp mode. I saw this picture:

3483972679_c0d290fef0_o.png

It's an early screenshot from hydro wit a control point that has 2 colored dots on it. So is it possible they had a 1 cp planned, or is the model just slightly different?

Last edited:

uma plata

Jan 20, 2009
ABBAttoir, wouldn't that be a big spamfest? The area would be very small, with almost no cover, right?

Why no, don't see why it would have to be a small enclosed area...

The 2fort reference is really about the scale between each point. The layout could be anything, really...open, closed, lots of cover, etc. There would have to be some cover between the points, but I'd think you should still have visibility between them

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
Thank you! Didn't know about that input.

For the resetting, I could figure out exactly how long endgame is and do it right at the end of that so people are less likely to notice.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well no, that's the thing. It will refuse inputs during that period of time, it has to be before it. If you really wanted to eliminate it, you could make it a fake point.

Altaco

Jul 3, 2008
Well no, that's the thing. It will refuse inputs during that period of time, it has to be before it. If you really wanted to eliminate it, you could make it a fake point.
I guess the HUD is disabled so it wouldn't be horrible.

Hmm... How do fake points work?

TheBladeRoden

Oct 26, 2007
Well I tried to do it on my own, but rounds just don't seem to care whether I tell them to be disabled or not. That and there's a whole slew of other bugs

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
Is this game mode open for anyone to try to make a map out of, or would you like to be contacted about it being used first?

EDIT: Forgot to add; ran around it, it's awesome! Works perfectly, really want to see a map made out of this :)

Altaco

Jul 3, 2008
Is this game mode open for anyone to try to make a map out of, or would you like to be contacted about it being used first?

EDIT: Forgot to add; ran around it, it's awesome! Works perfectly, really want to see a map made out of this :)

Go ahead and make a map for it if you want to. I'd like to know about it so I can see how it works out in actual play.