5cp spawn help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by WombatSauce, Apr 4, 2016.

1. WombatSauce

WombatSauce L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I want to make it so on a 5cp map im making when no one owns the mid point, the spawns are different for the rest of the game, ie. no one has capped the point yet, red spawns are at spawn point x. Blu caps mid, now red spawns at y.

2. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    Forward spawns are pretty simple. The best way to do it is have the capture point activate and deactivate spawns based on who just capped it. You can do this my naming each func_spawnroom accordingly, then making the points target those func_spawnroom's.

3. WombatSauce

Positive Ratings:
    no im talking about the spawnpoints not rooms

4. Star Bright

Star Bright L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think he's talking about backwards spawns, i.e. when the round is fresh the spawns for both teams are a bit more forward and then when mid is capped the capturing team now has a slight bonus since the defenders are pushed back a spawnpoint, and he's wondering how to implement that.

I don't know myself, I'm quite new to the mapping scene, I'm just trying to interpret the question.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. WombatSauce

Positive Ratings:
    y thats right

6. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    Just have the spawns that you want the teams to start at be the only ones enabled initially. Then you can send outputs from the trigger_capture_area on capture to enable/disable the spawns as you want. (Using OnCapTeam1 and OnCapTeam2)
    i.e. Disable the forward spawns if the other team captures the center point.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OctoBlitz

OctoBlitz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    In my opinion I would use maps like payload upward as a good example....