CP 3Mannworks [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Did you build them properly though? They will have a purple tint if they don't work.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Did you build them properly though? They will have a purple tint if they don't work.
I just build the glass in this build. So next update they will be fixed.

Xayir

L3: Member
May 27, 2017
There are cubemaps built. There are no area portal. I will just copy some windows from a different map.

maybe instead of taking windows from other map you will make them yourself and add areaportals that will only do better than copying

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
maybe instead of taking windows from other map you will make them yourself and add areaportals that will only do better than copying
Okay, I will build them and not copy them

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
its better to do something yourself than taking something that others made cos that would be just unfair to them
But it's a window. How could you tell from one peace of glass from another?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
im not telling only about windows bro
Well I used MvM Mannworks due to giving the players who don't like mvm to play a mvm map. I always wanted to do this. Also this gives me a great place to start off and people would enjoy the map.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
But a MvM layout isn't designed to work well in PvP gamemodes.
Well it can because look at Powerhouse. That map gives the advantage to the team who own the base. Just like MvM. So if you just flip the map it would be fair to both teams.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Powerhouse isn't a MvM map?
Well I know Powerhouse is not a MvM. It's a 3cp map just like this one. I am giving comparison to both maps.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Honestly I think your time would be better spent trying to learn gameplay theory and actually how to make your own decent layouts than trying to convert random Valve maps to other gamemodes, it really doesn't work. I'm not trying to discourage you from mapping, but I don't think you quite understand what makes a good map. Taking a Valve map and changing the gamemode isn't going to immediately make it good or play well.

Just put some time and effort into learning how to make your own maps, and I'm sure you will feel much better when you produce something great.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Honestly I think your time would be better spent trying to learn gameplay theory and actually how to make your own decent layouts than trying to convert random Valve maps to other gamemodes, it really doesn't work. I'm not trying to discourage you from mapping, but I don't think you quite understand what makes a good map. Taking a Valve map and changing the gamemode isn't going to immediately make it good or play well.

Just put some time and effort into learning how to make your own maps, and I'm sure you will feel much better when you produce something great.

I see where you are coming from. I would feel better if people enjoy something that I created by scratch but the problem is that I am not good enough to have it play tested. By far most comments are for trying to fix the layout. But if I use a Valve map then I have a ground work to start on. Just look at cp_3mannworks_a2 I have used the base of Mannworks and build on top of that. I need somewhere to start.

~curlysnail

L69: Deviant Member
Nov 17, 2014
I would feel better if people enjoy something that I created by scratch but the problem is that I am not good enough to have it play tested.

Not sure what you mean here? Any and all maps can be play tested, if only maps 'good enough' could be play tested, then how would anyone get past an alpha build?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Honestly, switching gamemodes on a valve map will probably leave you with a worse layout than something you create yourself. And then you have to undo and redo detailing every time you need to make a modification.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Not sure what you mean here? Any and all maps can be play tested, if only maps 'good enough' could be play tested, then how would anyone get past an alpha build?
It's the different people standers on a good enough. So some people say it's not good but some others just doesn't like it.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Doesn't matter if the layout is "good" or "bad", as long as it's playable, it will be played.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Honestly, switching gamemodes on a valve map will probably leave you with a worse layout than something you create yourself. And then you have to undo and redo detailing every time you need to make a modification.
I need a base to build the map on. It's very hard for me to do something from scratch.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Using somebody's else's design won't do much good for improving on your skills in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.