Back2Basics ends in less than an hour! A8 improves everything sorta-kinda read the changelog.
- Respawn times are better
- Marked when the cart opens doors and stuff
- Added internal spam cover
- A one-way door appears in the BLU cave flank after A capture to prevent RED going to BLU spawn.
- Improved lighting
- Better signage
- Better pickups
- Better doorframes
- RED now has a window in their spawn to prevent camping
Route 51 A8
15 Less Than 66.
There aren't many layout changes in A7. The changelog is big because I just put a bunch of the smallest changes. Instead, respawn times have been balanced to give both teams to either push or hold a point with at least 5 people. (Is it bad to update a map in less than 12hrs of the previous update?)
- Respawn timers should allow players to play the game, together! Just seemed better that way.
- Something something...
With the time left on the B2B contest, it's almost like I have to make the map again in 72hrs seeing as how much I'll have to overhaul! Hopefully everything is getting better. The once tight choke of B has been redone to give BLU multiple ways of attacking and flanking the cart path.
- Opened up the skybox across the map, may lead to lower fps.
- Increased detailing and texturing
No significant changes.
- The lower sewer path...
You all asked for it, I did a complete revamp of A to make it look less like Overwatch because apparently I can't have a map with a cliff and a gas station. Also A played like garbage and I needed a good excuse to get rid of it.
The new A features: Decent choke points! A semi-balanced, overpowered flanking option! Area 49 & Area 50! A cliff that isn't total bullshit! And so much more!
- New Skybox & New Lighting
- Basic detailing and...
The payload cart should actually move now, don't know how I missed that one in testing.
Finally got to get out a new version of Route 51, delayed by replacing my old PC. The main content of A4 is improves last by making it easier to defend and to change around cliff at the first point.
- Increased detailing to give more of an "Area 51" feel
- Improved clipping across the map
- Fixed a few skybox issues
- Generally tried to make the map feel a bit more open
- Moved the truck and placed some cows inside of it
The main contents of the A3 update included a remake of BLU spawn and the last point.
Video Changelog: [InDev Link]
- Increased Detailing
- Changed the light_env to increase the amount of light in the map
- Cleaned-up the 'No Entry' textures on the func_respawnroomviz.
- Remade the sizes of the exits and replaced the shutter doors to be setup gate doors.
- Added an entirely new spawnroom section
- Minor redesign to...
The main contents of this update include:
- Fixed Red spawning in their last spawn too soon
- Changed Blu's Spawn Doors
- Moved Ammo/Health Packs in favor of the defenders
- Removed the ability for players to stand on top of the wood frame at C
- Increased the chance to Red to spawn in their lower spawn at last