✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018
zythe_ updated zythegpit with a new update entry:

a2 - update

whats new?
  • added more ammo around C area
  • added no-build in A shutter to prevent building inside of the door
  • made no-builds on blu's spawn gates larger to prevent red engineers building inside the enemy spawn
  • added funky cool towers to C
  • high-ground platforms at C can now be accessed by all classes via prop jump
  • added more signage to hopefully make navigating to A/B easier
  • added team filters to blue spawn doors
  • minor aesthetic additions
thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018

a3 - update

whats new?
  • added some pipes to make climbing onto C easyer for red
  • added full ammo pack to C for red
  • removed small ammo pack on C
  • added slightly more cover to C platform for red
  • restructured A - B connector tunnel
  • added fancy glass door to red spawn
  • added super sick extremely rad brushwork laser to C
  • minor changes
thanks to all the playtesters!

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018

a3a - fix

what was fixed?
  • fixed respawn times not being set correctly
    - each point in the prefab removed 3 seconds off blus respawn timer but left reds the same, so blue was left with a respawn time of 0 while red had 8... oops!
    - new respawn times: blue 5, red 6, after both A and B are capped, blue 3 red 8
  • added clipping around sliding door in red spawn to prevent players from being pushed around by them
  • added small health pack in connector tunnel
  • fixed tiny seam under B...

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018

a4 - update

whats new
  • added ramps up to C for red
    - if this change ends up working well, the tower will be redesigned to fit it
  • added fence on platform just outside of red spawn as cover
  • moved A to the side a little
  • added a small building to block visibility from the shutter to the point
  • restructured long ramp on A to make the geo more interesting
  • minor changes? idr lol

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018

b1 - update

whats new?
  • name changed from zythegpit to method, this new name might still be subject to change.
  • first pass on detailing complete!
  • added color correction
  • many gameplay changes as a result of detailing
  • re-added shutter door on A
  • added small cubby in the connector at A
large parts of the artpass done by @Idolon

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
Finally got to play this in Crash's test today, on high ping so filter through the lens of an combat engi. Really liked it, A point I think is fantastic, loved it as both sides. Didn't get to play B point really, and I just have trivial suggestions for A and C.

When attackers are peaking this staircase, you must push up as a defender exposing yourself to a lot of the attackers (which is probably a good thing) but also as an attacker you're blind to whats on the highground. I wonder if cutting that corner like it's crumbling a little to give a little info for both sides of what awaits could be good?

20240203135944_1.jpg

When attacking as engineer, you need to respawn or use eureka effect to get back to spawn, which can be annoying when soldiers and demo's destroy your tele entrance. It's a flaw in the GPit spawn tube thing. It's not neccessary to fix, it's a niche class issue that actually encourages the use of an unlock, but something to keep in mind. (Could also boost on my buildings but building buldings to build buildings is like meta engi)

20240203135916_1.jpg

A detailing nitpick of mine is this room: This cubby having the same trim weight as all other doorways in the area, from the outside of this room it's not immediately clear that it's not a route. It's something you learn, but as a first time player, the trim and the lighting lead my brain to believe it's as important of a doorway as the ones flanking it. Id's change the trim, maybe lower the doorway height to it slightly and dim the light/change it's colour temp to something a little more lamp-like to read as a closet at a glance. Or perhaps giving it a bare brick texture rather than the painted one the rest of the interior has, such as a cool grey one, to not draw as much attention.

I really like how you've blended the transition from industrial into process as if we're breaking into the facility, so another detailing suggestion is to give the doorways on A/B headed to C a secure door/loading bay look. Selling the idea of capturing access into this facility.

When one of the first points is capped, it's very easy for respawn waves of red, and their teleporters at spawn, to be spawn camped by the rotating teams of blu. On defence, after B was capped I spent half my time rebuilding my tele and fighting the pyro, scout and soldier that were sat in the C area ganking us while A was defended by a dwindling number of players. I don't have any ideas on how to balance that lol.

20240203140035_1.jpg

And lastly this one corner on C felt very exposed to many angles, but also it can see every angle - attacking through the A side felt so much safer than the B corner for myself and when I did attack from B, I'd always prefer the lowground route because despite being at a high disadvantage, I had to deal with less angles. I think balancing it is a prop cover moment.

I'm really liking how the maps looking! It's really fun and easy to learn, and I think avoids the issues I have with the original GPit. If anything can be done about the spawn flanking after first cap, i'll be a happy chap but regardless its great

zythe_

✖ ✖ ✖
aa
Feb 20, 2018
zythe_ updated method with a new update entry:

b3 - update

whats new?
  • detailing improvements
  • optimization improvements
  • fixed some perch spots
  • skybox improvements
  • minor changes
At this moment, the map is basically just waiting for custom assets to be finished before being released to the workshop, will be put through more testing to find exploits or fps issues. If you have the time pls check it out and try to break it! :>