zig

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Durr.

I just three rounds of 12v12 of it, and forgot to record a demo.

If memory serves, offense went 1-2. First round was basically a victory march through as people were learning it. Second round I think Defense held out around the second point, and the final round D won at the final turn. There was a sentry spot up and to the right above the track at that corner that seemed to basically win the day.

Could you point out that spot for me maybe? Unless you think it's not a problematic spot.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
I'd put some boards across the gap below the stairway here, or take out the playerclip. If I were an engie, I'd want to put a tele exit under here:
plzigz10000.jpg

This is on the ledge overlooking cap 2, I believe. You can jump up here and see the whole skybox. Not that many people would, but you can:
plzigz10001.jpg

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
OOooo thanks for the demo!

Expect some nice changes in the next versions!

Connect_Four

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2009
This map is groooooovvvvyyyy!

I was astounded at all the custom content included in the map.
Some things I noticed:

-The Cave systems. I always assumed that the caves would be a major chokepoint, but when we were attacking, we steam rolled through them. Very nice.

-One piece of track didn't match up with the next track piece in one part of the cave system (Sorry, no screenshot). Nothing big, just a little thing I noticed.

-A problem with Red forward spawn. When Blu capped the 1st point (or it's the second, I forget), the spawn room doors close and don't teleport you to the next spawn room. A little annoying.

-The Blu spawn exits were rather close to each other. Maybe spread them out a little bit or move one to another location.

-The explosion at the end was so square, but you said you would fix it in later verisions. Here's a random screen though of what it can accomplish :)

Overall, I loved the map. It was a great change from the usually desert/alpine environments. :)

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
That's a nice pile of bodies there! Thanks for the info + feedback.

Shadow Hog

L1: Registered
May 28, 2009
Here's that displacement I got stuck on.

pl_zig_z10003.png

It's in one of the purple tunnels, very near the exit (assuming the side closer to BLU spawn is the "entrance"). In this shot I'm presently facing away from the exit.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks. I'm aware of the problem with that particular spot, and I will see that the issue is dealt with. The whole cave needs revision.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
zig_b8 is one of the fan favorites on our server and I was excited to see what you were going to do with this version. The map looks really nice. You did a great job texturing this one and it looks a lot more mainstream, while still adding your own personal style.

The map played well and everyone had fun. It got high ratings and is sure to be another popular map on our server. I look forward to future versions.

http://gaming.calculatedchaos.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2202&p=10568#p10568

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKCCD5fWNmQ"]YouTube - Payload Zig Cinematic Physics[/ame]

kankle_king

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 31, 2009
Stopwatch - Tracks the exact time it takes for BLU to cap X number of points, used for AD comp maps.

Example: "The other team capped 3 points in 8:48, we can cap 3 in less time or cap 4 points to win."

I hope this is the right command, sry I don't know anything about hammer.

To enable stopwatch:
team_control_point_master
score_style 1 (Award a point for every successive capture)