[WIP] pl_saguaro

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I like the few parts of this map that I had the chance to see!

There was a big problem with BLU spawning in the middle of RED's territory, so to speak. You need to move the spawn back, or protect it heavily. Or both.

I didn't really get to see a lot of the map because I joined halfway in, so I don't have anything else to say. Sorry.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
Can you maybe widen blu spawn a bit?...or that area at least. I think that would make the first point a little easier for blu. Right now I think it is just a little too difficult.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Can you maybe widen blu spawn a bit?...or that area at least. I think that would make the first point a little easier for blu. Right now I think it is just a little too difficult.

I think that part was because the teams were very unbalanced

I think some changes in spawn times will help balancing for that :)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
After a quick run through it today, I noticed that the cart sound kept going after the round was won, and I could hear it at full volume. It was pretty weird. I dunno how to fix this problem. It might just be a rare bug too, but I know the other two people on the server experienced the same thing.

I can definitely say I like the layout overall, I'm not sure I can give any specific directions on what to improve. I'm not good at that. :p I found this, though:

pl_saguaro_200002.png

Your stair heights are...pretty inconsistent. Try a ratio of 1:2 - 8 units high and 16 units long is good for all stairs.

And, well, I don't think I need to tell you about the floating debris (oops, I just did).

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Was pretty fun. We never did cap the last point, seems like alot of pl maps end with a really tough last cap.

I think maybe putting red spawn a little further away or slowing down the respawn might help. We almost had the cart there though once, it was right on the edge, so maybe it just needs more playtime and people getting used to the routes.

No complaints, played quite a few classes and was fun for them all.

I think I read earlier in the thread that someone mentioned making it abode with square buildings. That would be sweet, would deffinately set it apart and be a unique setting. There is one CP map called desperados that uses that style, but the tex in that one is more halflifey imo. Would be cool to see this one done a bit more painterly.