WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Those gates aren't fully solid (meaning people can shoot through the gaps), so I think that might change the gameplay too much.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Deloras, though I do the love theme and the looks you've given it, part of what I loved in the original was the suprise of not knowing who would be on the other side of the doors. Using those gates will mean you will be able to see right through the points so you know where your enemies are, and what to expect :(

That aside, I still love it.

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
Well about the fact that we could shoot through the gates, the original doors are still solid, and also blocking bullets.

I knew I had to hide the rooms to each others, I'll block the vision with wood pannels.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
@Gerbil - Definitely no blood. The blood splatter you have doesn't look natural. It looks like someone dragged the tip through a tiny ditch filled with blood. Try putting the blood along the cutting edge instead, tone the colour down closer to red-brown to imply caking/drying, and add some layers with varying transparency. And don't overdo it. :)

Kep

Sep 1, 2009

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
That's a lot better IMO but it needs streaks/splatter instead of the soft brush you used for the thinner layer.

[Edit] Agreed with the previous post... start by getting the metal texture in shape, then add the blood (if need be) later. Blood can be really tricky to get right because it needs to have that distinctive splatter look. It can be tacky if not done just so.

Kep

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
The edge looks better, but the gray looks a little dark. maybe it's just the lighting in the SDK.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Really? I think it's not quite dark enough, but then I'd say make it match the Equalizer or the Homewrecker's head. Keep that light metal colour along the blade where it sees the most friction.

[Edit] Haha, a ninja'd pic of an Equalizer (and some other cool stuff). ;)

You can also add some rust instead of blood, but I've noticed Valve is VERY subtle about rust. It's basically a few very faint splatters of the orange on the TF2 colour palette. More of a hint of colour than actual rust patterns.

By the way, the wood looks perfect.

Kep

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
I'll probably add rust, but I do think the blade is dark enough. Most of the existing blades in TF2 are about the same shade.

I kind of got lucky with the wood I guess, I used a tf2 wood beam texture for it. Haha

Whated

L2: Junior Member
Jul 23, 2010
Wow the edge of it looks really cool and the wood is perfect =)!. And the rust sound good (if there is not much rust).

When you finish this "skin" or "model" or something. Could you make it Axtinguisher replacement? So I can use it as axtinguisher =)

Love and Peace. And Merry Chirstmas!

-Whated