WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

NanoSquid

L3: Member
May 6, 2010
2la4od1.png

Working on cp_gemini

I made a thread about this earlier, but it's going to be a variation on A/D- first stage has 2 points open at once. Depending on which BLU caps, they'll go to one of two second stages, each of which has 3 cps. The left route stage 2 has a wind/mountain theme, the right route has an aquatic/underground theme.

EDIT: When I say theme I mean overall feel, the actual textures will be consistent on both sides.

EDITED EDIT: And yes I will finally finish something this time (although I say that every time)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
That waved sand texture looks ewey.

Sep 1, 2009
arena_pioneer0001.jpg

I always wanted to try space.

Luigi Thirty

L2: Junior Member
Jul 31, 2008
can i recommend finding a red tile texture, instead of using the dev one? and you might want to make those windows a bit larger, they look a tad cramped?

but otherwise, much better than i'd expect from a trade server, looking really good

It looks fine in-game. Some boxes are more crowded than others. The Heavy items won't even fit in the same size box. I did some more work on it last night and decided to make it look like a museum rather than a supermarket. The display cases still need a texture though.

HB5os.jpg

The map is divided into Weapons (red) and Hats (blue). The lighting is tinted blue in the Hats room and red in the Weapons room.

HWI6z.jpg

The cases in the hats room are full of hats.

oLQ8v.jpg

There are also mannequins modeling some of the hats.

Nvh7e.jpg

The pedestals in the center hold some of the hats that fit on all classes such as the Towering Pillar and Halo.

XSE95.jpg

matou

Oct 25, 2008
I like the idea, be nice to have servers dedicated for just trading instead of asking in servers for people to trade with.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
It looks fine in-game. Some boxes are more crowded than others. The Heavy items won't even fit in the same size box. I did some more work on it last night and decided to make it look like a museum rather than a supermarket. The display cases still need a texture though.

/images

I really like this idea. Looks a lot cleaner and well done than other trading maps.

May I suggest rounding some door corners off to make it look nicer?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
That waved sand texture looks ewey.

Seconded. I think it's only meant to be used in the 3D skyboxes, at full scale. At this scale it looks like someone took a big rake to the whole desert.

Luigi Thirty

Jul 31, 2008
I really like this idea. Looks a lot cleaner and well done than other trading maps.

May I suggest rounding some door corners off to make it look nicer?

Archway doors is what I was thinking.

Releasing it may be complicated due to the fact that the map has no spawn rooms or anything to support two teams. You have to use a custom configuration and Sourcemod plugins to disable autobalance and force everyone onto the same team to get actual traders into the server instead of spawncamping griefers. The plugins I made are honestly a mess, but once I get them cleaned up I'll release the map, plugins, and config file as one batch.