WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Sep 1, 2009
Are those pipes and ceiling texture fro hl2?
They could be tf2 assets but they feel really out of place

VelvetAcid

L1: Registered
Dec 30, 2011
I pulled the textures and pipe models from other TF2 maps, so I wouldn't know exactly...haha.

Thanks, Robot, I'll keep that in mind. 2Fort's pipes kind of give me that "totally pointless in practicality, but it's TF2, so that makes complete sense" feeling :p

EDIT: While looking at 2Fort's pipes, I realized it uses the same ones as well as the same ceiling.

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
Are those pipes and ceiling texture fro hl2?
They could be tf2 assets but they feel really out of place

theyre totally tf2 pipes and textures. some of the earliest tf2 assests, especially the pipes, are retextured hl2 pipes, and some of the background textures are hl2 textures that have been cartoonised, or whatever the word is

VelvetAcid

Dec 30, 2011
They shouldn't worry you. I threw them on in about 10 seconds. Just a light_spot.
vvis was most likely on, although there is no hinting or leaf dividing going on in that particular map, seeing as it's 100% just a scenery drop for me to showcase my first detailing :)
The door isn't even working in this particular one.

Last edited:

Riever

L2: Junior Member
Nov 25, 2011
Bank Heist 1st successful compile

Hi,

Here's a pic of the 1st successful compile of Bank Heist's townscape, everything is very alpha despite the texturing (as I get lost using the devel ones - the camera is in fly mode)

Any comments/suggestions?

bankh1.jpg

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
D901CB61489EA28EC0EEB73E8ECC54340CF6C68F

toned down the wood framing on the outside of the blue building, and detailed that cliffside shed

370F37AF8824DC3814A9C375B1898D9B829AA1F9

inside said shed. dat wacky valve dun gone made my wires into christmas lights

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
That looks awesome, soylent.

Riever: I agree with what Ravage said, it'll be a pain in the ass to optimise. You've basically got a flat plane with a bunch of stuff on it, most of which looks like it'll be rendered all at once. I can't really give feedback on much else, but make sure your filename is in all lowercase - caps crash Linux servers (I don't remember if the mapname is always in caps in spectator mode).

Riever

Nov 25, 2011
That looks awesome, soylent.

Riever: I agree with what Ravage said, it'll be a pain in the ass to optimise. You've basically got a flat plane with a bunch of stuff on it, most of which looks like it'll be rendered all at once. I can't really give feedback on much else, but make sure your filename is in all lowercase - caps crash Linux servers (I don't remember if the mapname is always in caps in spectator mode).

Darn. :mellow:

Aside from the telegraph poles all the buildings are flat brushes and the cliffs are L2 displacements

I'll do a test single core test and see how much it tanks at present. (My PC has 4, but I think you can force apps to use just 1?)

Useful to know about the caps issue - forgot that Linux was case sensitive. Is it just the map name or all model/sound/texture names that have to be LC?

Riever

Nov 25, 2011
It's just the map name, although it couldn't hurt to have the others lowercase as well. But the server only reads the map name, IIRC.
<snip>.

Many thanks - I'll check the content. A quick 24 bot 1 core test shows 24ish fps in the town, but over 100 in the team bases. Going to have to work on this...

Sep 1, 2009
soylent robot damn that looks mighty pretty!

Sep 1, 2009
I do believe it is called the wall of any flat curves!

Another

Jan 1, 2012
Nothing special but figured i'd post this here.

http://puu.sh/ccnO

In game

Full Bright

Each time you capture a flag it will trigger random events in the map. (stairs, doors, hidden paths, etc.) All and all it's just an experiment for a group to see what players will do in medieval ctf mode. That's about all it will be used for as I don't see a ctf medieval map really picking up with players without a scout rush being involved but that's what this is being made for.

Still need to work on displacements in the intel room as well as figuring out a few quirks previously added in.

Last edited:

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
conceptual test of swamp theme. Gameplay was not taken into consideration (much) while building.

May or may not find its way into pl competition.

04D1822A5FB6FC664F8683AFE7285D0C80BF676A

Jan 8, 2011
It's a little too brown for my tastes, and the track is on risers for no good reason. It should be over swampy water or something.