WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Its my first attempt at 3ds max.
I did manage to get it down to 1044 tris last night.
If I make the cheek flares into simple polys with a transparent texture, I should be able to get it down to the 800 limit for submission.

Hopefully I can get it done before my 30 day trial is up.

Even so, aren't some hats greater than 800 triangles? A hat like yours, as detailed as it is, would be fine at 1044 triangles. Plus it would be a great hat.

Impulse

L2: Junior Member
Nov 1, 2009
some members of polycount were discussing how the Killer's kabuto was around 3,000 tris so i think that the 800 tris is more of a guideline.

Tehrasha

L3: Member
Nov 5, 2009
some members of polycount were discussing how the Killer's kabuto was around 3,000 tris so i think that the 800 tris is more of a guideline.

:O FFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu................
Hell, I should have left it when it was 2500ish.
Maybe I should just rollback to a previous save.

Edit: or maybe I should make a lower jaw with a jigglebone....

Last edited:

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
I haven't had/don't have much time for mapping-stuff lately due to summer courses and other family stuff, and I haven't played TF2 in a couple weeks. I did work on koth_coulee a little today though...

kothcouleeb10004.jpg

kothcouleeb10003.jpg

kothcouleeb10002.jpg

The detailing is still experimental (and obviously incomplete), and large parts are very subject to change, but I'm getting somewhere finally...

Last edited:

NordicApplesauc

L1: Registered
May 13, 2010
koth_catacombs0000.jpg

koth_catacombs0001.jpg

koth_catacombs0002.jpg

koth_catacombs0003.jpg

From my WiP map, koth_catacombs. Still some work to do, like building the team spawns and spawn/buffer hallway, some detail brushwork, and texture re-alignment.

I'm really not sure what direction to take this map. It started it out as a non-serious practice map, and it just grew. Due to a lack of map planning and pre-hammer balancing , I'm not sure whether to release this as a MAP map, or just a map that was made for the sake of learning to do full maps. Maybe I'll do some testing and balancing, if I have time later in the year.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I swear to God if you teas us one more-

Hey it's not blurred this time

what gives

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Oh shits he's letting the cat out of the bag! It might have to do something with this untextured model--
beechcraft_wip_004.jpg

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you awesome sons of a teasing bitches sister !!
one more shitty quality teasing picture and i'm gonna implode.
pants down . NOW !

Jan 20, 2010
I'm highly unsure if these are anything to show at the moment or if they're represontational of what the finish product will be, but what the hell. Been working on Rum for months now. Here's some progress on B and C.

Rum3.png

Rum2.png

Second screen is a bit older than the first.

darkownage

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2010
Wow, some crazy stuff here, aren't there any noobs here ? :)
I just love the level of detail in all the maps, makes me a bit depressive when I look at mine :(

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
This is stage 3 of my payload map, finally finished... Well, almost, in terms of layout. So not really finished.

As usual, don't mind the unfinished parts and invisible nodraws.

stage3-1.jpg

stage3-2.jpg

stage3-3.jpg

That last screenshot is the final cap - inside that round thing. It kinda sucks now but it's going to be a supercomputer.

Keeping that in mind, I really need a name suggestion.

Last edited: