WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
I like cp_adamas it's pretty funny :]

Mar 23, 2010
Taiga is taken already I think. Interesting grasssnow there...

AgeNt_

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 12, 2009
got sidetracked today and made a clock for my clocktower!
clock.png

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That's a little bland. It'd be more realistic if it looked more like
clockface.jpgb3ca7b97-7696-4e70-9c73-f9e0f4459f9bLarger.jpg

Numbers are almost never all vertical on clocktowers. The faces are also usually sunk in to the surface, not extruded out from it.

Sep 19, 2010
Trying to get a feel for the theme of my map. Got a bit bored with brush work so I copy my control point to a new map to mess around with textures and detail. Was inspired a bit by one of RaVaGe's old images that was posted in this topic. Is green a no-no in TF2?

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

wip3.jpg

If anyone wants to give me feedback on the actual map, it would be greatly appreciated. :)
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=18086

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
I'm not sure if green is a no-no, but I really don't like that recolor. Just looks like you hue'd it.

Also, I would say green as a main color is a no-no as it's unclear whether it is for Blue or a Neutral color. I could it could maybe used effectively. Maybe. (Except for Grass. Grass is nice when it's green.)

Sep 19, 2010
I'm not sure if green is a no-no, but I really don't like that recolor. Just looks like you hue'd it.

Also, I would say green as a main color is a no-no as it's unclear whether it is for Blue or a Neutral color. I could it could maybe used effectively. Maybe. (Except for Grass. Grass is nice when it's green.)
I did. I just wanted to get a feel for it. First time I've ever edited a texture as well, so I was kind of experimenting.

Edit: Just trying different things out here. Would this be better?

hammershot.jpg

Last edited:

GenEn

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2010
Lookin' beautiful- please to be my waifu?

Though a few things that stick out to me are that the wooden panel/roof segments on the building on the left overlap with the rock outcrop. It's also clipping enough that it's hard to ignore from this angle.

Also, the grass seems really erratically placed on the ground, looks a bit too patchy, I suppose.

But overall I like the progress you're making.