WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
1) no wood plank under rails ?
2) Why there is 20 point_lights per light, delete them)
3) the stair looks like shit on the first picture :/
4) No door frame ?
5) ruins around the breach ?
6) Bad reflections on glasses, maybe change for fence material ?
7) ceiling too dark :)
8) the column at the corner of the 2 glasses doesn't appears on one side.
1. Occasionally, industrial areas don't use the wooden planks under the railings. You can see examples of such in the Valve files as well, I believe there are a couple models without ties and at least one texture (concrete_track002).
2. The lights are copy and pasted from Ravidge's Lighting Library, although I'll take a look.
3. Thanks; I was just using the "metalstair001a" texture; I see now that isn't going to fly.
4. Going to fix, thanks.
5. Just out of view of the camera; they're there.
6. I'll take a look and see if it makes things a little better.
7. Yeah, I accidentally moved a brush and gave myself a leak. I'll fix it.
8. It's just the angle; I apparently took it at the perfect angle to make it look as if the column is blending in with the wall behind it.

Why is the laser gun inside? What can it shoot?
...I hadn't thought of that. Here I've been feeling so proud of myself for making every room have some purpose and at least one exit, even if the player can't use said exit, but I didn't think about what the laser would shoot. I'll put it on a platform or something and give it a way out. Thanks!

...Although the James Bond approach does sound appealing...

Ornafulsamee

L1: Registered
Jul 19, 2011
1. Occasionally, industrial areas don't use the wooden planks under the railings. You can see examples of such in the Valve files as well, I believe there are a couple models without ties and at least one texture (concrete_track002).

Yeah but this isn't a rail of RED team, you think BLU will build a perfect rail without using those cool self-made plank ?

And change the wood piece under the rail for plank pile or something more precarious, if you see what I think...

Hard to explain in foreign language ^^

English Mobster

Jul 10, 2011
I think you have it backwards; BLU is the team that likes to use concrete, metal, and such in their construction, while RED prefers wood and warm textures. As such, BLU would be more likely to not put the ties under the rail.
And I doubt that RED would blow a hole in their own base. :p

I did, however, just add in your second suggestion.

Last edited:

English Mobster

Jul 10, 2011
pl_dockyard_a20004.jpg

pl_dockyard_a20006.jpg

What do you think of the red lights? Should I keep them, change them, or revert to the older version? I personally find it a tad too red, but I don't know.

Ideally, I'd like to go for a mood similar to the spawn rooms on Coldfront or Big Rexy's entry in this old thread. Any tips on how to achieve that?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
What do you think of the red lights? Should I keep them, change them, or revert to the older version? I personally find it a tad too red, but I don't know.

Ideally, I'd like to go for a mood similar to the spawn rooms on Coldfront or Big Rexy's entry in this old thread. Any tips on how to achieve that?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much red. You want to avoid using colored lights as often as possible because it messes with the color saturation of teams, which is bad.

Prop

L3: Member
Jun 17, 2010
pl_dockyard_a20004.jpg

pl_dockyard_a20006.jpg

Def a bit to red, more shady i'd say!