[WIP] ctf_Torch

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
Hmm, checkpoints sound like a good idea. But generally, griefing can happen in all the ctf maps out, take enemy flag and not capture, so, i dont think there is much of a way to fix it.

You can grief in standard CTF too. However, it's tougher to do as you have to crack enemy defenses first. With RCTF, it's like taking candy from a baby.

Dec 25, 2007
How much fun is griefing going to be if you move at a crawl and are a sitting duck for enemies? I wouldn't worry about it too much with the movement penalties you've got.

R3dRuM

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
new pic of detail room possibly:

untitled.PNG

trainRiderJ

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 14, 2008
I like the room, but keep in mind that the windows will make the room affect gameplay, albeit indirectly, by letting people see what's around the corner. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to consider.

TotalMark

Feb 13, 2008
You can grief in standard CTF too. However, it's tougher to do as you have to crack enemy defenses first. With RCTF, it's like taking candy from a baby.

That can be solved with a disabled trigger_hurt and a disabled logic_timer.

Parent the trigger to the flag, and set the timer to enable when the flag is picked up, then set it to disable and reset on drop/capture/return. Set the trigger_hurt's damage to a very high value, like 5,000 set the output OnUser1 to enable, then after 0.10 seconds to disable.

Set the logic_timer to a high value, like 120-240 seconds, and set it when OnTimer fires to FireUser1 on the hurt brush. :w00t:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
awesome map, favorite on the gameday rotation
you may want to try and reduce the file size a bit though, could turn off alot of people that download from the server
and this may be a bit surprising...but its too shiny in places

EDIT: I just checked and I got this mapsize confused with another (thought it was 50mb not 20)

R3dRuM

Feb 13, 2008
Filesize will be around 5-10mb at b2, i did the order of cubemaps and pakratting and compressing wrong, thats why it was so big.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
ah...well anything less then 20mb is about the range the average person will wait for
ill add b2 to my server whenever it gets out then

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Anything new on this map? I'm digging though older WIP threads and this looks pretty interesting.

R3dRuM

Feb 13, 2008
Not lately, have struck the motivational wall on this map so it is still going to be b1 for a while. Havent really though of any conclusive "detail" ideas yet.