[WIP]CTF_BankJob (BIG UPDATE!)

nossie

L3: Member
May 9, 2008
lolz i didnt even relize the D was missing :p
so theres in total 3 entrances and 4 if ur scout/demo/solider? that sounds good id love to see the final product of the vault :p will there be bricks lying around? (coz of the explosion) or is gonna be like a hole in the ground?

ArsenaL

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2008
lolz i didnt even relize the D was missing :p
so theres in total 3 entrances and 4 if ur scout/demo/solider? that sounds good id love to see the final product of the vault :p will there be bricks lying around? (coz of the explosion) or is gonna be like a hole in the ground?

there are 2 front door entrances, battlements, and the sewer entrances. there is also 4 total entrances/exits to the sewer. via vault tunnel or the roads outside.

there's also 3 routes to the intel while inside each bank. with 1 main choke point but also a backway to flank the choke point.

The streets are going to have "construction" sites where half the road is being re-paved but there's also a hole in the ground in this site where you can enter the ceiling of the sewer.. the pipe will have a hole broken into it so you will see some rubble. In the bases the hole is going to be clean and the rubble will be scatterd inside the tunnel near the entrance. It will more than likely change about 5 times while i'm creating it but for the most part i want it to look like the tunnels were dug with tools and the concrete was blasted with TNT.

Last edited:

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
Wow my map thread died quickly.. lol. Umm.. here's something i've been working on.. my first model. It's a sign for the next shop! PYROWORKS!! a fireworks stand. Here's a screen shot of the model in XSI mod tool.

Its still in works, i'm turning it into a billboard to go near the roof. I'll be adding another model that will be just the TXT in 3d on the front of the building( kinda like the hollywood sign) , held up by some old grungy looking 2x4s.

I created it with google sketchup lol! (just to see if it could be done).
PYROWORKSXSISCREENSHOT.jpg

I finished detailing the interiors of both banks!! I'll post screen shots soon. I want to finish pyroworks first. Can't wait to introduce the next 2 shops :)

Thank you all, please more comments!

Last edited:

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
The map looks very nice, when it comes out I'll recommend it to the custom servers I visit regularly.

I really like the Sandvich shop, it has a nice touch.

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
The map looks very nice, when it comes out I'll recommend it to the custom servers I visit regularly.

I really like the Sandvich shop, it has a nice touch.

Awesome thank you! Big update coming in a few hours.. have some stuff to take care of for work first. Lots of pictures :) check back in 2-3 hours.

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
New pictures.. I'm starting to work on the next 3 stores, and finishing up the detailing of the interiors. After that... the tunnel! :)

Beta release = Next weekend

ctf_bankjob20000.jpg

ctf_bankjob20001.jpg

ctf_bankjob20002.jpg

ctf_bankjob20003.jpg

ctf_bankjob20004.jpg

ctf_bankjob20005.jpg

ctf_bankjob20006.jpg

ctf_bankjob20007.jpg

ctf_bankjob20008.jpg

ctf_bankjob20009.jpg

ctf_bankjob20010.jpg

ctf_bankjob20012.jpg

ctf_bankjob20013.jpg

ctf_bankjob20014.jpg

ctf_bankjob20015.jpg

ctf_bankjob20016.jpg

ctf_bankjob20019.jpg

ctf_bankjob20020.jpg

ctf_bankjob20021.jpg

ctf_bankjob20022.jpg

So far so good !! :)

I'm having trouble keeping my file size low.. i think im putting in too much custom content =/..

here's the pyroworks sign in game, I'll post screen shots soon for how i want it to look. I should have this shop done by tomorrow, and then i'll post the next idea :)

--Let me know what you think of the safe deposit boxes

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
very nice job and sweet custom content !

Most screens are nice and fitting the background of the map. I'll just say I'm not fond of the second screen of this last serie. These blue wall decorations are too bulky ihmo.

Keep the wonderful job :thumbup1:

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Generally, I'd say your map is a little too open. Compare it with most buildings in real life (and sometimes in game) and you'd see that they usually have something inside to make it look less boring visually (like monitors)

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
Generally, I'd say your map is a little too open. Compare it with most buildings in real life (and sometimes in game) and you'd see that they usually have something inside to make it look less boring visually (like monitors)

hmm.. we'll have to see the comments after my first release i guess. So far i've had zero complaints about the map being too wide open. i've actually had complaints about some areas being too enclosed and was forced to open them up a bit more. The majority of the combat in these maps will be indoors and if these hallways are any smaller.. soldiers and demomen will completely dominate the map. After my first release i hope you change your mind on that, its hard to judge things off screen shots. Trust me though.. it plays really nice :)

and i have like 20 monitors in the map.. along with keyboards & computer cases

very nice job and sweet custom content !

Most screens are nice and fitting the background of the map. I'll just say I'm not fond of the second screen of this last serie. These blue wall decorations are too bulky ihmo.

Keep the wonderful job :thumbup1:

Actually i agree, that area was designed when i first started this thing and i never made it smaller. You'll notice the wall decorations everywhere else are much much smaller. This hallway will be thinned out :) Thanks for the input!

Last edited:

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
Pyroworks Completed!

OK i finished Pyroworks and added it to the map! I still need to add some decals to the exterior to give it that cheap fireworks store feel (signs that says stuff like.. ALL NAME BRANDS! .. etc..) . I made 2 versions of this.. one was the typical.. fireworks "tent" that you see all over america but i scrapped it because it didnt fit in.

Let me know what you think! the wood, brick, wall, and ceramic roofing is all custom created from scratch. I hope you like!

Now it looks really bright, thats because my brightness is cranked up and i had to get rid of my 3d skybox (making a new one) so there's less shadows from the huge buildings.

introducing.. pyroworks!
ctf_bankjob0002.jpg

ctf_bankjob0003.jpg

Tiny fireworks? BAH! We sell BOMBS!
ctf_bankjob0004.jpg

ctf_bankjob0005.jpg

ctf_bankjob0006.jpg

ctf_bankjob0007.jpg

Expensive! :|
ctf_bankjob0001.jpg

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
It looks good, but I think you need to vary the textures on the walls of the pyroworks building. Maybe make the bricks that stick out (columns) a different texture.

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
Stores complete!

Hello all, just another update.

All 4 stores are completed, and i've began working on the sewers & tunnels. It's all mapped out minus the tunnels to the vaults. I've already put the holes in the streets for outside access.

SS time.

INTRODUCING!!!

BONK! Sporting Goods.
thestoresbonk.jpg

bonkwindow.jpg

bonkfootballs.jpg

bonkshirts.jpg

bonkbasketballs.jpg

bonkballs.jpg

INTRODUCING!!!

SentryShack
sentryshack1.jpg

sentryshackangle.jpg

sentryshacklogo.jpg

sentryshackinside.jpg

Annnd the other 2 stores to refresh your memory

thestorespworks.jpg

thestoressandvich.jpg

overhead
overhead.jpg

Annnd just an FYI... you will not be going into these stores.. their primary purpose is looking sexy and providing scouts a path to the opposite team's battlements & a height advantage.

I should have my tunnels & sewer done by the end of this weekend.. that means... my first map release!! :D

I can't wait !!

Vicenti

L2: Junior Member
Jun 22, 2008
All the buildings look great except for Pyroworks's brick texture. I think it needs a contrast buff; it's hard to see the bricks from far away and it just looks like a weird-colored wall. Might just be the bright lighting, though.

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
All the buildings look great except for Pyroworks's brick texture. I think it needs a contrast buff; it's hard to see the bricks from far away and it just looks like a weird-colored wall. Might just be the bright lighting, though.

hrmmm i'll see what i can do

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
Not a lot of time for this update, but the map has reached the first stage or release :) Here's stuff i added since the last update: (SORRY NO SCREENSHOTS... i'll post some in the morning if i have time before work!)

-Made the dark lines seperating the bricks on pyroworks texture darker.
-Sewer complete
-Tunnels to banks complete
-Vault complete
-3d sky box re-constructed finally. looks like you're in a city.
-placed ammo & health kits
-optimized for 2 days straight

... Basically the map is complete :) I need to do a final compile while i sleep tonight and i'm going to do some private play testing with some close friends for the next few days. Re-optimize the heck out of this.. fix what i can before the weekend and release my beta :)

After the beta release i'm going to work on the intro video prior to releasing a final version of this map. Anyone know when the next game day is?

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
ctf_bankjob_b1 released

DOWNLOAD

ctf_bankjob_b10000.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10001.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10002.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10003.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10004.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10006.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10007.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10008.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10010.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10012.jpg

ctf_bankjob_b10013.jpg

Comment & ratings please!!! i need feedback :D

***The 2 huge buildings in the 3d skybox are missing a decal i added.. not sure why. still need to fix and adjust the skybox***

Last edited:

ArsenaL

Jun 7, 2008
b2 released... please head on over to the downloads section... some feedback would be nice lol.. =/