[WIP] cp_roswell

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
He thought the ufo might be to easy to defend and a bit crampy. But now he also has figured out there is another entrance. Will do some more playtests the coming days, because people seem to like it (I haven't played it yet ).

crazychicken

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2008
Being able to fire sticky bombs intot he ufo from the right of the rock outside the tunnel entrance would be nice, by the time you get there with a full server its easy to get shot down befoer you have chance of exploding 3 stickies to knock out the sgs in ufo

Paria

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
ive played it a couple times now , not a full server but with enough players to have a good game,

point a has way too many ammo boxes at it currently, if im setting up on the roof area i can do a round trip around a and collect up to 6 different ammo boxes in a really short period of time, for instance on the upper level i think just the meduim would suffice, same for the lower level proably 2 boxes maximum not 4.

point b is better, the ammo and health are spread out a little more - offering some chance for the offence to grab some, theres some tough sentry spots but most are killable once your learn all the places you can shoot from,

my only complaint about c is that i would have loved the ufo to be bigger, it looks so awesome and really is the centrepiece of the map, but its actually the worst point of the 3 fight wise to play in, you get the odd sentry inside on defence that are pretty easy to demo spam clear, and a sprinkling of snipers seems to pop up once c needs defending but honestly i'd prefer a big indoors kinda battle inside the ufo, places where engys could set up a proper turrets and a proper offensive rush to cap the point, probably something thats too late in the day to change now but big ufo = uber cool scenario for an indoor fight :)

one minor annoyance is this beam - its does an awesome job of blocking sentry fire at level 1 :D

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I've kinda neglected this thread lately, so have a couple screenshots:

Hey look, a hitching post.
cp_roswell_hitch.jpg

Maybe I'll get fewer questions about where point C is now.
cp_roswell_newc.jpg

For Paria, banister fixed... er, I mean broken!
cp_roswell_banister.jpg

So... I'm probably going to release final soon unless someone gives me some feedback suggesting specific improvements.

kaplan

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2008
Overall, I love this map. Great Gravelpit style map. A couple of suggestions.

1. I've noticed that it can be difficult to exit the red spawn sometimes when there are multiple teleporter entrances in front of the spawn.

2. The full health pack located in the shack near red spawn, could it be possible to widen the entrance? For some reason I find it difficult to enter the shack.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
This map was added to our clan's server: 8.6.15.83:27015

We played it on a full server and it was really great. People were saying "Wow! A custom map that doesn't suck!" Gravelpit-style CP seems popular.