[WIP] Bank Vault

teddyruxpin

Sr. Hygiene Technician
Mar 24, 2008
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4653 < Look at last post for latest pre-fab.

If you want to use the same explosion from Goldrush / Badwater feel free to copy it out of this prefab I created above. I took all of the brushes, props and effects from those maps and packed them up sideways to give it a wall blowing out effect. You can modify it further by adding / removing additional props to add more gibs to the explosion. I adjusted the kill time for the prop to tone down the sideways blowback of the gibs. IE I only give it enough time to go out and not back before killing the prop. Simply change them to trigger from the current func_capturezone to the second to last 'path_track' 'OnPass' on your map with a delay to make up for any gaps in the last track section.

Also to change the door to fall you could mount it on a func_door_rotating and have it just turn down towards the gold and double as a walk way or you could look at killing the static prop and enabling a prop_physics_multiplayer in its place that will simply fall down. Set the mass really high on the prop and it will just fall like a tonne of bricks and not move.

You can also tie some sounds to the prop falling of steel hitting concrete or steel on steel etc. I would highly suggest anyone that is trying to make an explosion or destructible wall take a close look at the final pit and last 3 path_tracks for the pl_badwater map. You will allot just from looking at those.

-Teddy