[WIP] Arena_offblast

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Here's an idea: Add a trigger_hurt (or whatever you use to kill players that fall off) that goes along the cliffside. I don't like when I die on the way down from somewhere, but if I hit something along the way (ie a cliffside), it makes sense.

I can't say anything else right now because I haven't tried it yet. Is it just me, or hasn't there been a Gameday for quite some time? =(

Why not.... a playerclip?

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
Why not.... a playerclip?

A playerclip would solve it, but it would feel much less natural than being able to fall off the edge and die. It's kind of fun playing pyro, demoman, or soldier and forcing enemies off as well.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
A playerclip would solve it, but it would feel much less natural than being able to fall off the edge and die. It's kind of fun playing pyro, demoman, or soldier and forcing enemies off as well.

I think he means a playerclip covering the sides of the slope so that there are no bits of it you can get stuck on, so if you fall off hugging the side will end up in you sliding to your doom at the bottom.

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
I think he means a playerclip covering the sides of the slope so that there are no bits of it you can get stuck on, so if you fall off hugging the side will end up in you sliding to your doom at the bottom.

Ahh, that'd make sense. :)

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
That is in fact what I meant. I wouldn't want him to remove the fun of falling to death!

Caspian30

L1: Registered
Nov 7, 2008
Yeah, that's where I've been playing it :)

Unfortunately they also have maps like arena_cow which actually got voted in the other night after some time on your map. That made me sad.

Sometimes people nominate Cow as a joke and it ends up being voted in -_-

I believe arena_cow is the only gimmick arena map still on the server. Unless you consider arena_toolbunker a gimmick map ;)