Where can i find this prop..

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Duck-Joke, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Duck-Joke

Duck-Joke L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So i am planning to work on something. But i need a special prop. Do you know if someone ever made a banana prop to tf2? I'm not talking about the slippery deathpit banana from mvm but a custom model. I know that there's a banana prop in hl2 and garry's mod, but i don't really know how to export it to tf2, or if it's even possible. I don't really know how or where to find it either.

If you know where i can find a banana prop, then please respond!

2. Duck-Joke

Positive Ratings:
    btw, i'm talking about a prop you can place in hammer and not a hat or a weapon

3. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    if HL2 has a banana you don't need to export anything, you can use it staight away.
    HL2 models shipped with TF2, try looking for "banana" in the model browser.

4. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Using hats and weapons on prop_statics will appear to be missing in game, but if you just make it a prop_dynamic it will appear. It won't have a collision model sometimes if it is a hat or weapon, but if you need something as small as that you probably won't need one. Just thought id let you know

5. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think there's really one in Half-Life 2. But there's one in Counter-Strike Source, which I found packed into Avanti. If you don't have CSS you can download Avanti and use GCFscape to extract it from there; it's under /models/props/cs_italy. It doesn't look out of place in TF2, considering.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Duck-Joke

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think i've heard about Avanti before. Can you send me a link to the page where i can download it?

7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    It's a very early map, a shitty 1:1 port of a TFC map that's too small for TF2's increased scale. But it has bananas in it.

http://gamebanana.com/maps/52688

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. OctoBlitz

OctoBlitz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are you talking about the Banana peel used in MVM maps as a semi death trap?

9. Duck-Joke

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah i was talking about that.. I will probably use it, but i would use the banana from CSS more.
    Thanks to Pocket for that btw!

10. obodobear

obodobear L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you really wanted to you could use the potassium bonnet as a banana prop lol