What FPS config do you use?

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
I can play it, but my FPS drops to 30~40 if I'm not in my own server.

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
I have the reverse of a FPS Config :p
I use some commands i've found on the internet.

//Snyggare textures och models
mat_picmip -3 <-- I only use -3 because -10 kills my fps.
cl_new_impact_effects 1
cl_burninggibs 1

mp_usehwmmodels 1
mp_usehwmvcds 1

//Yeah Motion Blur
mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 1
mat_motion_blur_strength 2

//r_lod 0 - för laggig<-- I will use this if I get a better graphics card, I have a pretty good one, but not enough.
//mat_reducefillrate -10 orkar inte prova <-- Not tested yet

//Snyggare anti-aliasing
mat_software_aa_quality 1
mat_software_aa_strength 1
mat_software_aa_strength_vgui 1
mat_software_aa_blur_one_pixel_lines 0.5
mat_software_aa_edge_threshold 1.4

Last edited:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I have a Dell XPS M1530. Very sexy laptop.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz with a CPU speed of 2.49 GHz Performance Rated at 6.17 GHz

3.5 GB of ram

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (GeForce 8600M GT) with 1.7 GB of video ram

I can assume the graphics card is what's holding the rig down?

It's not going to give you AA, but it should still be plenty able to play tf2 on medium with a decent framerate.

Hell, I have an ATI x1100 in my laptop, and I can play tf2 on low with a playable FPS.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
after a hd format, the game always runs flawlessly without ever dipping below 90fps with everything on hight at 1600x1200.

after a couple of months, the game's framerate starts dipping in to the 30's with the same settings.

ive tried defragging, disk cleaning, virus/malware/adware scans, nothing.

anyone have any ideas?

Pianodan

L3: Member
Apr 11, 2009
after a hd format, the game always runs flawlessly without ever dipping below 90fps with everything on hight at 1600x1200.

after a couple of months, the game's framerate starts dipping in to the 30's with the same settings.

ive tried defragging, disk cleaning, virus/malware/adware scans, nothing.

anyone have any ideas?

Have you considered an exorcism?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I [my dad] spent thousands of dollars just so I don't have to deal with anything less than perfect :)

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
It's not going to give you AA, but it should still be plenty able to play tf2 on medium with a decent framerate.

Hell, I have an ATI x1100 in my laptop, and I can play tf2 on low with a playable FPS.

I had a ATI X700 on my old desktop, it could play tf2 on medium with playable FPS, but I did something, not FPS config or something like that but somehow fps got better. Normally it gave like 3fps when it saw fire on lowest.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I had a ATI X700 on my old desktop, it could play tf2 on medium with playable FPS, but I did something, not FPS config or something like that but somehow fps got better. Normally it gave like 3fps when it saw fire on lowest.

If I'm not mistaken, the ATI x700 is not an integrated card, and after reviewing the specs at the time of posting, it's about twice as powerful as my laptop's integrated x1100, so that's not all that surprising.

The most likely reason it craps out when it sees fire is because of particles used to render the effects, which a lot of old graphics cards are very badly equipped to render a large amount of.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009

This is exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to find a QUALITY fps config so I can get those few extra frames I need to smooth it all out. Also I'd much rather get rid of rag dolls and get high quality textures.

Cameron:D

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 28, 2008
Coming (one day) soon, TF2 on my netbook. 1.6ghz Atom, 1gb ram, Intergrated graphics. My old computer had almost the same specs and ran it, the only difference is my computer had a graphics card (GForce4, so almost makes no valid difference :) )

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Great FPS config I found. http://codepad.org/daWj4aNs

Just put it into your autoexec file. Perfect for guys with low end PCs. I've used some parts of it to squeeze a bit more performance out of my system.

Enjoy